Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
They look great. What a good score. Maybe send Brian at Role Club and email regarding the Chips. He does an awesome job. It will cost you, but they will come out looking like a new pair of boots and you will have them for a few more years yet.

Pushrod

One of the Regulars
Thanks, I think I'll just let the Chips rest, they served me well, time to start breaking in the Brownings, I'm not used to such tall boots so it might take some time gettin them comfortable, I don't tuck my jeans in the boots so you can't see how tall they are but should offer some pretty good protection while riddin, they should be good for snake bites too :)

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gentlemen, I'm back. Im willing to part with a few pairs of my pile of engineers. Im thinking of the Iron Heart burgundy Wesco, a RoleClub reworked modern chipp, a RRL Murdock black, and a vintage bought from RRL, re-soled by the other LA cobbler (bought for $1000), lastly, a pair of Attraction too. Anyone interested please let me know. On a separate note, anyone felt that the Road Champs insoles are too slippery? My feet slides forward and toes got squished into the front.

wdw

One Too Many
I finally picked up my custom Wesco Boss. They're burgundy, but with the Harness toe, which I now like more than my other standard Boss toe. I just didn't like the Harness ring and straps, hence the change.
BurgBoss2_zpsbl2qneam.jpg

BurgBoss3_zpsrzpussr4.jpg

BurgBoss4_zpssmsirgtl.jpg

regius

Size 7.5 Attractions, horse butt. Very very stiff and thick leather, in my opinion very attractive leather in its own right, pliable but ten time stiffer than Horween. This is after about twenty times wearing, the out soles are intact, she'll only shows minor creasing. I may sell these and keep the size 8.

Edward

Bartender
I finally picked up my custom Wesco Boss. They're burgundy, but with the Harness toe, which I now like more than my other standard Boss toe. I just didn't like the Harness ring and straps, hence the change.
BurgBoss2_zpsbl2qneam.jpg

BurgBoss3_zpsrzpussr4.jpg

BurgBoss4_zpssmsirgtl.jpg

Those look fantastic.... A matching leather jacket would really be something! I've long fancied some burgundy engineers t go with my Bootlegger...

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Size 7.5 Attractions, horse butt. Very very stiff and thick leather, in my opinion very attractive leather in its own right, pliable but ten time stiffer than Horween. This is after about twenty times wearing, the out soles are intact, she'll only shows minor creasing. I may sell these and keep the size 8.

I'm a 7.5 in Wesco Jobmasters, Chippewa engineer boots and MF Road Champs. If you plan on selling, please PM me.. I might be interested. What's the heel-to-toe measurement in cm?

tropicalbob

does any body have any experience with Frye Engineer Artisanal Boots as far as how they fit?

I've been eyeing that one as well. I have the Rand and Jackson Engineers: the Rand, or Brando boot, fits a half-size large, while the Jacksons (halfway to a cowboy boot) fit to size. As the Artisanals are very like the Rands, I'd go a half-size small. If you want to be sure, order two pairs through Zappos, if they have them, and keep the pair that fits. Zappo's customer service is A+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy