Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

andyone

A-List Customer
I think this will turn out nice…
Dark brown Keystone engineer boot that is now at Masas (ex-brasstokyo) workshop.
- dye black
- remove toe cap
- transform from fullsole to halfsole

I will post a picture of the boots when they are done. This is as they look now.

43701096iz.jpeg

43701097ad.jpeg
The Keystones are on the way back from Masa to me.

That's what they looked like:
43984944pw.jpeg

43984945sc.jpeg

43984946jx.jpeg

43984947dy.jpeg

And that's how they look now (as the boots aren't back the pictures are from Masa)

43984948nk.jpeg

43984949nl.jpeg

43984950ux.jpeg

43984951df.jpeg

43984952hc.jpeg

I think they look good/better now...

Edward

Bartender
https://www.schottnyc.com/products/10-engineer-boot.htm?catID=14#tab-overview

schott has some engineers which look like they prob fill the redwing spot.

I remember seeing those when they first launched them a couple of years ago. They look nice. With Engineers being one where you really need to have the right last for your foot and a feel for the sizing, I'm wary of ordering by mail, but I'd love to try a pair. Of course, if they are Chips by another name....

Schott used to carry Chippewa engineer boots. I think Schott may have ordered these from Chippewa.

....seems likely they would contract these out rather than invest in tooling and building a production line for boots.... The soles definitely match those on my Chips. I'd struggle to fully justify a pair of these as I already have Redwings in black, Chips in brown and the shorter 7/8" Chips in oxblood, but if the black ones take more of a shine than the RedWings..... Tempting. Very decent price for them, might look into a pair next time I get stateside... Would be easier to justify those Lewis Westways, though, as more of a point of difference with my current boots....

What I really want are some Wescos, but definitely don't want to put big money into those until I am sure of sizing. Also don't have that sort of scratch for boots just now, but hey ho....

There is definitely space for engineers in this price range imo, especially with other big names dropping them. I expect Schott's brand will help to sell these. It's not what I'd call budget, but certainly they are priced at a level that in my experience can bring great quality without getting into 'jacket money'.

Trickster

New in Town
I'm not sure what the rules are here, but I wear motorcycle boots on occasion, and I do not ride a motorcycle; or if you prefer, I wear engineer boots and I am not an engineer.
I'm an engineer AND I ride a motorcycle. I occasionally wear engineer boots.

YOU have MY permission (you don;t need my or anyone else's permission to express yourself) to wear whatever suits YOUR esthetic taste at that moment.

In the event that someone wants to give you gas about YOUR choices in attire, just tell them that Trickster said that it was okay.

YOU do YOU, let the world make adjustments.

Ingramite

One of the Regulars
I haven't owned Engineer boots in quite a few years.

But when I did wear them it was on a motorcycle.

I guess a fad of the day was to carry a master link for the drive chain on one of the buckles. Another popular fad was heel taps.
You could always hear a "greaser" walking down the hallway in high school. Yeah, I was a greaser. We had all the fast cars, bikes, and girlfriends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ