Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Here’s a steal! Canadian $$

Attachments

• 5918C61A-F99E-4970-887E-D39A20894704.jpeg
    5918C61A-F99E-4970-887E-D39A20894704.jpeg
    417.3 KB · Views: 224

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anyone has a pair of Unsung’s engineer? Mainly want to know how the footbed feels, slippery? Stiff?

dendred

New in Town
Got a bit of a sizing question with Clinch's lasts. I've got a pair of their engineers that fit well in the "Narrow Poc Toe" last, and I have someone who's interested in selling me his engineers in their regular CN last. Does anyone know the difference between the two?

Last edited:

TartuWolf

Practically Family
@Kenan
Never heard of Bright Shoemakers before, looks awesome, decent price as well, will look into them, thank you :)
Although this concerns me a bit :
"All shoes are designed in Denmark and handmade at a family-run shoemaker in Spain with more than 100 years of experience in the fine craft of artisanal shoemaking."
Might be referring to Sancho or Sendra in Spain.
Can get Sancho / Sendra engineer boots for much cheaper.
Will ask them about it.

Kenan

A-List Customer
@Kenan
Never heard of Bright Shoemakers before, looks awesome, decent price as well, will look into them, thank you :)
Although this concerns me a bit :
"All shoes are designed in Denmark and handmade at a family-run shoemaker in Spain with more than 100 years of experience in the fine craft of artisanal shoemaking."
Might be referring to Sancho or Sendra in Spain.
Can get Sancho / Sendra engineer boots for much cheaper.
Will ask them about it.
When Sendra makes something it might have a lower price point. The Sendra standard Engineer is inferior to our boots. Look at the double stacked leather soles, the Norwegian Welt and choice of leather. We use a combination tanned pull up leather that ages beautifully. Sendra uses cheaper leathers for their own line of boots. Ours is at a really good price point and you get a lot of value for your money :)

Edit: Forgot to mention that I work for Bright Shoemakers, but you probably understood that ;)

Edward

Bartender
When Sendra makes something it might have a lower price point. The Sendra standard Engineer is inferior to our boots. Look at the double stacked leather soles, the Norwegian Welt and choice of leather. We use a combination tanned pull up leather that ages beautifully. Sendra uses cheaper leathers for their own line of boots. Ours is at a really good price point and you get a lot of value for your money :)

Edit: Forgot to mention that I work for Bright Shoemakers, but you probably understood that ;)

Those boots doe look great. I'll be interested to see the website when you have it fully up and running. What sort of price point do they come in around?

Kenan

A-List Customer
Those boots doe look great. I'll be interested to see the website when you have it fully up and running. What sort of price point do they come in around?
Engineer boots would be around €480. Double stacked leather soles, Norwegian Welted. Combination tanned leather. We will also get this for AW23:
CF2AA522-38A7-4DAC-8625-FA5BCB7725AA.jpeg

Olive green leather tanned in olive oil. When it patinas it will get more and more green in areas of wear. A little like pull
up leather in that I will “heal” itself if you brush on the areas of wear because the oils will come to the surface of the leather.

Edward

Bartender
Engineer boots would be around €480. Double stacked leather soles, Norwegian Welted. Combination tanned leather. We will also get this for AW23:
View attachment 487863
Olive green leather tanned in olive oil. When it patinas it will get more and more green in areas of wear. A little like pull
up leather in that I will “heal” itself if you brush on the areas of wear because the oils will come to the surface of the leather.

Thanks, will keep an eye on the site. The shorter ones with the sidezip you had on Facebook also look an interesting option - I'm mulling over eventually picking up something like that for ease of air travel in Winter (penny loafers have long been my go to for Summer flights!).

Kenan

A-List Customer
Thanks, will keep an eye on the site. The shorter ones with the sidezip you had on Facebook also look an interesting option - I'm mulling over eventually picking up something like that for ease of air travel in Winter (penny loafers have long been my go to for Summer flights!).
Keep and eye out. Lot’s of great things are coming from Bright Shoemakers. Website should be done soon as well so you can find all the styles, options and look book.

kenucklehead

Familiar Face
Been a while. Thought I'd post some new shots. Hand lasted, hand welted. Black and brown are horsebutt. Japanese buckles. What do you think?

Attachments

• 1T3A9118.jpg
    1T3A9118.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 89
  • 1T3A9122.jpg
    1T3A9122.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 1T3A9128.jpg
    1T3A9128.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 96
  • 1T3A9129.jpg
    1T3A9129.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 1T3A9133.jpg
    1T3A9133.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 1T3A9135.jpg
    1T3A9135.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 1T3A9140.jpg
    1T3A9140.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 1T3A9143.jpg
    1T3A9143.jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 1T3A9145.jpg
    1T3A9145.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 111

2g4

New in Town
Wescos are among the best made. They are VERY pricy, but you get what you pay for. All made in the USA.

Chippewas are a great boot, especially for the money. They have begun to contract overseas for some of their boots, so make sure you get a pair that is made in the USA...they are much better quality.

Also look at Frye 8R and 12R. Again, make sure you're getting the USA made, because they're better quality.
Compared to Clinch Boots (Japan) or Role Club (LA), $800 isn't VERY PRICY. Brian's (Role Club) can run up pretty high depending on the leather selection, I think shell is around 3K. That's a very expensive boot. I love the look of Clinch and it's compressed toe box, but I have big feet and they're Japanese so I'm not confident of fit on them, and they're hard to put your hands on so I haven't had a chance to try them out. Wesco's Mr. Lou's do have a great reputation and those that owne them seem to love them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112