Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eponymous really

dr greg

One Too Many
For no particular reason, some of my men's grooming products and other knick knacks, note the moustache brush in the centre of the bottom shelf
dscf04137vm.jpg

and the top of the case
dscf04238ev.jpg

and a detail of the taxidermy box
dscf04268hd.jpg

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
Very Cool! What is the "Oxford White Cleaner" used for?

I'd also imagine that it would be a mistake to use the "Olive Oil Hand Lotion" right before getting behind the steering wheel.

dr greg

One Too Many
the captain and ruby

anybody who's a fan of S.Clay is alright by me, the demon, from the hills around Agung, in Bali, is obviously pretty excited, or barred up as we say round these parts, his appendage is actually a beater which you use to tap out rhythms on the body, which is hollow and meant to be used as a percussion instrument in some sort of pagan ritual. Cute eh?

dr greg

One Too Many
shock the monkey

it is a monkey skull, possibly from Borneo, very finely carved with swirling patterns that are difficult to capture in a photo,
dscf04298tb.jpg

the ceramic tile is from Sri lanka, the image is known as 'the lovers' and I've seen the original at Anuradhapura's Isurumuniya temple.
http://www.infolanka.com/photo/hist.html
This one is possibly a 15thC version, or so I was told.
lovers2fl.jpg

by complete coincidence the ivory statue of the guard I have in in the box is also based on a carving from that same ancient city and is featured on the link above.
And while I'm still in the cabinet of Dr Caligari, here's another shelf
dscf04359vi.jpg

here's another view of that bottle on the left, while I'm at it
dscf04385km.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
That monkey skull and tile are truely amazing!! One day I hope to have a creepy museum room full of oddities! Much like a Ripley's Believe it or Not!

dr greg

One Too Many
and when i die... BST wasn't it?

It'll be the garage sale to end them all when they 'clean out my effects'

While we're on the subject of the afterlife and Asian oddments, this 17th century(?) Tibetan bronze might look like a demon, but is in fact YAMANTAKA Defeater of Death, (with consort)so it'll be a while before that sale happens if he's looking after me.
dscf04410nq.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot