Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather has gone out of business

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quite sad to see that Equus leather, which made beautiful leather goods from English bridle leather, has closed, effective immediately.

I have a really fantastic tan Countryman's Belt from them and was hoping to order some things later this year.

Edward

Bartender
A lot of smaller brands are closing down over here these days. Mix of things, really, though the added complications of trading with Europe in recent years and the radically dropped value of the pound seem to be the most commonly cited causes of businesses going kaput I hear. A lot of folks are cutting back on spending on luxury clothing items as well - partly the post-Covid, increased casualisation of WFH culture, party cutting back as there's a cost of living crisis biting hard in the UK these days. I do feel sorry for businesses who love what they do being forced to shut down through no fault of their own.

Rich22

Practically Family
I was online this evening looking for a belt to buy, and couldn't find Equus... even though their prices have skyrocketed in recent years, I wanted one. Sad to see they've gone out of business. I wonder where their stock ended up?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was online this evening looking for a belt to buy, and couldn't find Equus... even though their prices have skyrocketed in recent years, I wanted one. Sad to see they've gone out of business. I wonder where their stock ended up?

They were mostly MTO weren’t they?

I was happy to hear that another similar firm (Chester Jefferies) has survived, just as an OEM manufacturer of gloves rather than direct to consumer. I do want to write them asking if they’re allowed to disclose who can sell their gloves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran