Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eric (Short Balding Guy)

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for posting that David. I had been wondering for some time where Eric was. The situation is terrible.

Best wishes to you and your wife Eric and prayers for a speedy and thorough recovery!!!!

Just catching up after a few weeks of travel... sorry to hear this news but thank you David for alerting us. I echo everyone's warm wishes for a speedy recovery, Eric.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening folks. I am truly touched by your get better wishes! Jeepers, THANKS fellows!

As David relayed, picking our auto up and heading home after a long flight returning from Texas to MPLS, my wife and I were injured when an uninsured, drunk driver struck our auto. The resultant injures literally have hit us hard.

There is no universal definition of severity of accidents. I would say we were not severely injured compared to the other folks we got to see in our hospital stays. My wife got out in less than a week, but I had almost 2 weeks of hospital care. The challenge has been that we both were wheelchair bound for an additional few weeks. Both of us at the same time, in wheelchairs, have been quite an experience. We have fortunately had assistance in the form of in house care. I am thankful for the efforts of the staff that assisted.

The injuries are healing. Thankfully my wife’s injures have been mending quickly and will leave little negative consequences to deal with. Physically, I will have scars, a couple of new teeth and more titanium screws to show for the episode. Airport scanners will be even more challenging than the past. It will be like a badge of courage to speak to the total amount of metal holding parts of me together.

We like most other “retied and current athletes suffer both the physical and metal effects of this injury. I do not diminish the physical, or mental effects of this injury or injuries in general. Although, because of our past experiences my wife and I (past athletics pursuits and life) and are strong in coping skills. I see us as doing well and recovering. I teach athletes, in my charge, to use injuries as a time to adopt healthy coping mechanisms, to learn new psychological skills and physiological exercise. Injury can be used as personal growth. I am not sure I need personal growth, but am using the opportunity and working to set an example to all of our athletes.

My not posting on the forum is mostly representative of my knowing my short-term priority is to get healthy and back to my passions. It has been consuming most of my days and nights. My doc has had trouble with me finding a balance of therapy, and healing as I push and challenge the therapists and treatment professionals. My exceeding prescribed exercise has been the norm of late. Not to mention, I have not worn a hat for weeks. I do miss heading out the door with a hat on my head.

I am flattered and touched by each post. I am very appreciate. Soon I will be back posting and contributing. Until then, wear your hats proudly knowing that I am proud to be a contributing member of this fine and gracious community.

Best wishes to all, Eric “Short Balding Guy” -

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Eric,

You exemplify courage, determination, and drive. I'm speechless. I am relieved to hear of your latest news. Thank you for keeping in touch with us. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Regards,
David

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Eric, you are a "life coach" as well a gymnastics coach. You and your wife are obviously very strong and positive people who'll come through any adversity stronger than ever. Rest up, and don't worry, the chores will be waiting for you! All my best, sir.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Eric
Good to hear from you
Take care get well
We miss you & want you back
You been through the worst
Best wishes to your Wife

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
Eric, you are made out of the right stuff. Clearly, you are growing from this experience in spite of the pain to you both. Please take our collective best wishes and vibes as you heal.

More good healing wishes to you both, Eric. But most important, go easy on the PT. Notice it's not the younger guys saying this. I have exacerbated an injury (only two years ago) by not sufficiently understanding the need to go easier as the years go by. It does take getting used to, my friend.

Get well, be well!
Charlie

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Eric,

Wishing you and your wife the speediest full recovery possible. Your positive attitude in what is certainly a very difficult time is a great example.

Landman

One Too Many
Eric,

I haven't been around the Lounge much lately so I'm just now seeing this. I want to wish you and your wife all the best. I look forward to seeing you post more pictures of your beautiful hats in the near future.

Take care,

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy