Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Escape from NY HH 30's Motorcyle Jacket

Edward

Bartender
Ohhhhhhh that's nice. Almost midway between a Buco and an Aero Bootlegger? I could see that with a nice cotton lining and in a nice, midweight (think: A2 spec) horse as a Summer leather....

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't quite understand. Is that supposed to be a vintage 1930s jacket
or a modern repro? If it's a repro, who makes it? Tried searching.
Thanks.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
juan said:
I see they have the same jacket in two shades of brown. Lucky for me, they are out of the dark shade, and the russet color is only available in size 40! Right now I have two motorcycle projects and little extra money! Maybe next year, I really like that russet jacket!

jon z

One of the Regulars
Navin323i said:
OMG John... that's a beauty of a jacket, bro. I love that color too. Enjoy it in good health, my friend. :)
Thanks Navin. Just back off holiday so will catch up on my PM's tomorrow bro.

andy richards said:
That really is nice. Love the colour too! Is it FQHH? or oil pull?
Andy
I'm not sure Andy. The label only states Horsehide. It's not a particularly heavy hide & the surface seems to be unsealed, if that's the right term. It's beautifully comfortable to wear & the colour/style combo makes it that bit different so it's my favourite wearer at the moment, temperature permitting because it's uncharacteristically hot here in the south UK now.

too much coffee said:
jon z,

Very nice indeed, good score!
I'm still on leather jacket probation.
Enjoy, coffee

Bassman said:
Beautiful! Enjoy.
Thanks guys.

feltfan said:
Ah, I see:

http://www.macleod.jp/snekevillain2.htm

Not sure I understand the Snake Plissken connection,
but it's a very nice vintage-style jacket.
It's supposed to be a replica of the jacket Snake wore in the film Escape From New York. Whether it's accurate or not I don't know but that's of no concern to me. I love the jacket's style & that it's a bit different to the accepted offerings on here.

FYI Magnoli offer the "same" jacket but not in HH. I think the McCleod offering is better.

GriffDeLaGriff said:
Color looks almost unreal. Beautiful. I like the button cuffs also.
Thanks Griff. Yeah the button cuffs are nice & a change from my usual motorcycle zip cuff & open cuff jackets. I believe they are very much the same as the much posted Bruce Willis' Surrogate jacket.

Stearmen said:
I see they have the same jacket in two shades of brown. Lucky for me, they are out of the dark shade, and the russet color is only available in size 40! Right now I have two motorcycle projects and little extra money! Maybe next year, I really like that russet jacket!
Fortunately for me I bought mine off an eBayer in Japan in as new condition at less than half McCleod's list price.

Returningson

New in Town
I know this is ressurecting an older thread but Im really looking for one of these jackets. Has anyone ever ordered from Macleod (im located in the US) or have one of their SNAKE leathers for sale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112