Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Etsy

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Marcia,

I second what The Shirt said, Wow!

Your hats are wearable sculpture that float in the ether between authentic vintage and modern intepretation. I can't even pick a single favorite! You have a gift, girl!

Foofoogal

Banned
I often wonder how many times I have sold to a FL member on my shops. I would give a discount if they told me. [huh]

congratulations Miss 1929. You had some nice items.

Only problem with selling online now is we are not allowed to advertise in the classifieds here. Real bummer.

inge77

New in Town
having problems registering

Hello Ladies,
I'm finally back after a hiatus. Okay, I have tried 4 different times to register on etsy as a potential buyer. I have followed the directions to the letter, and I just can't get on there!! Can anybody help me? Please! Sincerely, inge77/M.K.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
inge77 said:
Hello Ladies,
I'm finally back after a hiatus. Okay, I have tried 4 different times to register on etsy as a potential buyer. I have followed the directions to the letter, and I just can't get on there!! Can anybody help me? Please! Sincerely, inge77/M.K.
What's happening specifically when you try to register?

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
I've been trying to hold myself back... but, I can't.

The lounge's own Anon is now modeling for my business! For those of you who haven't seen him without his beard - well, quite frankly he's kind of a looker. Don't razz him TOO much for it. (pretty please!)

DSC_6910.jpg

DSC_7065.jpg

1*Cool*Kitten

One of the Regulars
Etsy Seller

Hiya~
Yeah I've got a coupla things on there!mostly civil war patterns that I'm getting rid of.
I've got a couple of "summer" dresses (really pretty).
under Coolcutsgal (of course!everything has to do with COOL Cuts!Gawd forbid I get original or anything!)
I've got some of my vintage hats on there. I'm thinking of putting more on maybe in april or may not sure at the moment!Sales haven't been what I thought they would so it's been "ify" at best!
I certainly do like etsy a whole lot better as both a buyer & a SELLER due to the fact that it's right up my alley!I'm not a "by-guess-&-by-golly" type person, I want it straight! tell me what you are thinking you want to selll an item for and if it's worth that much to me,I'll pay that price otherwise off to the races!It's somebody elses!
That's that "type A" personality for ya! I shoulda been a lawyer! Blac or white NO GREY!
anyway, good post!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pdxvintagette said:

The lounge's own Anon is now modeling for my business! For those of you who haven't seen him without his beard - well, quite frankly he's kind of a looker. Don't razz him TOO much for it. (pretty please!)

DSC_6910.jpg

DSC_7065.jpg

***swoon***

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
pdxvintagette said:

DSC_6910.jpg

DSC_7065.jpg
I imagine your sales will skyrocket !

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
pdxvintagette said:

I think I spotted him in a tuxedo, possibly? No razzing here. I think he's doing a wonderful job! You're layouts are very distinctive and I recognize them in an instant as I'm going through various listings.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lauren said:
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this, so feel free to remove if no-

Lizzie and I were just chatting about this.

Here is our consensus.

We need to make sure everyone understands the sticky Etsy is only for a basic announcement that you have an Etsy site. Once you've posted it, please don't post again in that thread -- if you need to make changes, let us know and we can edit the original post.

We need to keep the Directory just that -- a quick, uncluttered reference tool that people can skim quickly to find the store they want.

Occasional announcements of upcoming special Etsy sales in the regular Etsy thread are fine -- but we urge everyone not to abuse this privilege. If you have something *special* to sell, feel free to announce it, but please don't use this thread for routine sales pitches. Abuse of this gesture will result in pruning or an axing all together of anyone being able to announce things.

Lets make sure the main focus of this thread stays on questions and the like, K?

Thanks all,
LizzieMaine and Lady Day :)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks! I was a bit confused because of the old policy of no ads at all and then being allowed to post about our Etsy stores. Glad I know now! I removed my previous post :)

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
23SkidooWithYou said:
I think I spotted him in a tuxedo, possibly? No razzing here. I think he's doing a wonderful job! You're layouts are very distinctive and I recognize them in an instant as I'm going through various listings.

Yes, Anon modeled two tuxes and a dinner jacket belonging to Guttersnipe that I sold for him as a favor, and one tux that is actually inventory. And the man can wear a tux! (I'm glad things are recognizable - its one of the reasons I decided to go the modeling route for men, so everything would look the same.)

Now, the important stuff - I think we're all in agreement, right? The beard should stay off! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points