Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Etsy

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
When I do a search I've been noticing that the tag "dress up" comes up. Do any of you gals use this tag? I had never thought of that before and wouldn't have thought to search for it. [huh] But maybe I'm missing something?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ive never heard of that either. I guess Im too literal to think of these things as 'dress up'. But hey, if it generates more views then go for it!

I do scope out what people search for via Google analytics. Im addicted to that data :rolleyes: Ive used search words from that with some good results.

LD

LollyWillowes

New in Town
I had a shop too but I never sold anything, I'm not sure if I ought to try again or not. I'm not very good at self promotion and hopeless with computers etc, a total Luddite in fact!
I've sewn since I was a child and I make a lot of throws, cushion covers, dolls etc, out of recycled vintage fabrics, embroidered cloths that have been damaged and that kind of thing, reworking them. It's my tribute to all the women of the past who made these lovely things, which might now be languishing uncared for, too much work went into these items to ignore them now.
There are some absolutely gorgeous things on the site, I'd easily spend a fortune....if I had one! I buy a lot of the collage sheets but have yet to do anything with them.

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
I have`nt checked out that site but I keep seeing it popping up all over. The party from whom I purchased my(gorgeous! :rolleyes: ) vintage Resistol uses etsy.com to reach that customer base who would/could not patronize her actual physical store. I`ll have to take a closer look at the etsy.

HMH

(BetteBeGoodVintage.etsy.com In case anyone is interested.)

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
If it is allowable, I'll post my sale here - but I don't wish to overuse the privilege of this thread, and will happily delete if I need to!

I don't hold that many sales, and when I very suddenly realized that I leave for Viva Las Vegas on WEDNESDAY, I decided upon holding an annual sale (in the future to run for one week) before Viva. It will be the only official annual sale, I think, unless I decide to do a Holiday sale at sometime.

So, Sunday 3/28 through Tuesday 3/30, I'm holding a haggle sale. Officially titled
"Fab Gabs First Annual Pre-Viva Haggle-With-The-Seller-Sale"

I put the details up on my blog: fabgabsvintage.blogspot.com

The only thing excluded is the Kamehameha set I've listed as a favor to Guttersnipe. Everything else - even his other things - are open to negotiation for the next three days. Be sure to mention that you're from the Lounge if you convo with an offer! :)

Drappa

One Too Many
Etsy advice

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, not sure where else to post it?

I have just recently started looking on Etsy and bought one dress I really loved. The second dress I bought arrived today, and the condition is not as described by the seller.
The seller mentioned some seam stress, and said it was otherwise in very good condition. The seams are almost separated all along the arms and throughout the dress (silk repro dress), and some of the hem is actually ripped off at the bottom. I am sooo disappointed, and not sure what to do apart from contacting the seller. I had to pay customs duties on top of the dress, and if I had known the actual condition of the dress would never have bought it.:(
Because this isn't an Ebay transaction, is there even anything I can do?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Drappa said:
Because this isn't an Ebay transaction, is there even anything I can do?

First contact the seller to see if they're willing to make right. Unfortunately, even if they accept a return, you will likely have to eat your shipping and customs charges. If the seller doesn't accept returns, you may want to see if she's willing to give you a partial refund to cover the cost of the repairs (is the dress long enough that you can hem it up past the rip?)

If the seller will not cooperate, I would file a dispute with Paypal.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Here is Etsy's information regarding "dissatisfaction with item or service":

A buyer may not be completely satisfied with a purchase or transaction experience. Etsy recommends that the buyer communicate with the seller by Etsy Conversations or email to resolve the matter. Etsy encourages buyers to submit fair, honest feedback (see Feedback). Sellers are encouraged to consider customer service best practices.

* The seller must accurately describe the item in the listing (see Shops and Listings).
* The seller must comply with the transaction agreement or according to the terms in the seller's Shop Policies.

In the event the buyer receives a product that is significantly different from the original listing, the buyer may contact Etsy Support to report the item not as described. Etsy relies on buyers to submit fair, honest feedback for sellers in circumstances when the buyer is dissatisfied with an item or the seller's customer service. Members who do not comply with Etsy's policies may be subject to review, which can result in suspension of account privileges and/or termination. Suspended or terminated members remain obligated to pay Etsy for all unpaid fees per our Terms of Use.

So it looks like your first option is to contact the seller. If that does not resolve your issue, I would contact Etsy support and leave negative feedback for the seller. If that does not resolve the issue to your satisfaction, I would file a Paypal dispute.

Drappa

One Too Many
Thanks for your replies ladies! The seller already replied and says she is really sorry and offering a refund, so it looks like it will be sorted. I just don't like situations like this, as I don't think she was out to scam me and it was a genuine mistake, but thanks for all the advice :)

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva said:
I bought a pattern from you. I absolutly love it.:)

I'm glad you like it and I noticed your FL name from your e-mail! Some of those old Vogue patterns are very alluring - that bolero is pretty unique too. I am really curious as to how it turns out outside of the illustration! Hope you post results when you get the chance to sew it. :)

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
I am having my first problem with an etsy seller. I didn't get a pattern seller notified me that it was shipped but I have not received it and I have just contacted them again today. Hopefully they will contact me soon.:(

de-stressed

New in Town
Land-O-LakesGal said:
I am having my first problem with an etsy seller. I didn't get a pattern seller notified me that it was shipped but I have not received it and I have just contacted them again today. Hopefully they will contact me soon.:(

How did they ship it? I'm new to etsy so is there someway they can trace the shipment? I'm patiently waiting for my order too.. should be here anyday now..

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
de-stressed said:
How did they ship it? I'm new to etsy so is there someway they can trace the shipment? I'm patiently waiting for my order too.. should be here anyday now..
It does not say how they shipped it just that it was shipped on the 7th of September. As I was looking for shop policies (they have none) to see if it said preferred shipping method I realized that they are based in Canada so it should take a few weeks. I still think they should have replied to my questions. But now that I know its is coming from Canada I understand why it is not here.

My husband has been hounding me about this pattern (as it is for him) haha. Overall I have had pretty good luck with etsy sellers and I just bought a daydress from a woman on saturday and I got it on Monday:eek: Overall most have been very nice and friendly with quick shipping.

de-stressed

New in Town
Land-O-LakesGal said:
It does not say how they shipped it just that it was shipped on the 7th of September. As I was looking for shop policies (they have none) to see if it said preferred shipping method I realized that they are based in Canada so it should take a few weeks.

Well Land-O-LakesGal, another Friday has come for me and I still haven't gotten my shipment yet :( :( :(

It is coming from NY and I asked her when she shipped it. She said it will be here anytime now. Hope you are having better luck than I!

It might be a little late, but I think I'd better have a look-see at the shops policies. :eek:

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
I have to complain to someone about this. Got my first negative feedback on etsy today just because the person didn't fully read the item description. :( Contacted them, hope they'll get back to me.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
NancyLouise said:
I have to complain to someone about this. Got my first negative feedback on etsy today just because the person didn't fully read the item description. :( Contacted them, hope they'll get back to me.
Sorry to hear hopefully you can get it resolved

I have noticed that the feedback is not used well on etsy. It may have to go through some growing pains like ebay has with feedback. I remember getting a neutral on ebay because the shoes didn't fit (literally) I had proper measurements since they didn't have a size on the shoes and the girl said I hadn't measure properly but I know I was very careful because of the lack of size on them.

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Shoes can be really tricky... The pair I just bought off Etsy were rather too small (I wore 'em anyway, cuz I didn't have anything else to wear) but I take full responsibility for that. The seller gave me the measurement, I wasn't 100% they'd fit but I took the risk and bought them anyway. You'd think that people would realize that they have some responsibility to understand certain things are a risk no matter what you do, in this case, shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner