Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Even a criminal looks good in a hat...

WEEGEE

Practically Family
BORSALINO RECENT WAS MY FIRST THOUGHT

We all know dollars don't always add up to quality... http://www.asq.org/

this man was money above all...so whats he wear...something with a label

with no reagard for cost...when we leave the humanity and art out of any

equation...hopefully the one dressing us has a clue.

in short he does not look so good even if he is wearing a hat.

Thursby

New in Town
I watched this on the news this morning, and I'm glad the old fedora is getting some prime time, but unfortunately it was seen on the noggin of someone in the news for the wrong thing. Oh well.

Wild Root

Gone Home
ProperRogue said:
Thought you might like to see what a dashing modern criminal looks like in his hat. This is Mr. Jack "So I bribed a couple of Congressmen" Abramoff leaving court in DC this morning.

vert.abramoff.ap.jpg

Well, I share the same enthusiasm with you ProperRogue in that it's good to see a man of our day and age wear a fedora. However, the overall look kid of looks "costumey" in a way. The coat is of the synthetic type and the hat is more then likely 100% wool (A job from Burlington Coat Factory) and yes, the severe taper doesn't help. However, it's good to see a fedora on Capital Hill.;)

=WR=

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Fedoras EVERYWHERE in DC these days Root...

I must see at least a dozen people every day in Washington wearing fedoras and other classic hats. While most of them ARE of the cheap 100% wool felt variety, there are also more and more classic fur felt fedoras. (Nothing like the style of most FL members, but clearly a trend is emerging here.)

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
There's an old political joke...

Baron Kurtz said:
Whatever happened to the days of crooks arriving at court with rosary beads or some other such affirmation of piety? He might as well have turned up in a satan suit. bk

Too long to repeat here, but the gist is this:

A bishop, a minister, and a senator all die at the same time. Go to heaven. St. Peter tells them to wait. The bishop and the minister settle into straight-back chairs in austere rooms. Senator goes to a cushy lounge with dames, brandy, and cigars. Eventually, the bishop and the minister go looking for the senator and find him. They make a beeline for St. Peter. He stops them with an upraised palm. "Boys," he says, "don't start on me. We get men of the cloth up here by the thousands every single day. But this is the first senator we've ever seen!"

ZF (RIP, FC)

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
There are crooks & then there are CROOKS

ProperRogue said:
Thought you might like to see what a dashing modern criminal looks like in his hat. This is Mr. Jack "So I bribed a couple of Congressmen" Abramoff leaving court in DC this morning.

vert.abramoff.ap.jpg
I suspect there may be some kelvar under there, after all his plea may bring down some big names. :rolleyes:

Also note that here, inside the beltway, the current weather does not warrant a blizzard strength coat all buttoned up. Note the others around him. It has been in the high 40's and 50's past couple of days.

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
...some PR guy did it for him

K.D. Lightner said:
Unfortunately, the public and media still tie fedoras in with the criminal element, note the Washington Post comment:

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/01/03/PH2006010300786.html

Maybe his lawyers talked to him; the next day he showed up in a baseball cap just like a good ole boy.

karol

I'm sure some PR guy staged both hat events, and I think both of them went south. You can just look at a guy and see if he is comfortable in a hat, Mr Abramoff just does not wear a hat like he has been doing it for a long time, even the ballcap just did not look like it belonged. His "attitude" just does not extend to his hat choices.:fedora:

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
... not in the biz

Zemke Fan said:
Jack the hack (actually it's pri*k, rhymes with stick) is on his own... As the Grinch would say: "Nobody would touch that clown with a 39-1/2 foot pole!"

I meant "PR guy" in the broadest sense of the word, be it a Lawyer or some other advisor. He is not a hat guy, and didn't do that on his own, they were calculated, and both photo ops backfired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou