Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Even I am having a hard time believing

docholliday55

Familiar Face
Yes Bud you are right about that size thing I have found and bought a few in my size but more often than not they have to go on the rack for awhile. LOL 7and 1/4 and 7and 3/8 seem to be popular sizes. I would rather have the 7 and 3/8 and add some folding cash under the sweatband. Provided of course that I have any left after buying the hat.
doc

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
docholliday55 said:
Provided of course that I have any left after buying the hat.
doc

Understood Doc., I have aquired quite a few as of late. The Mrs is being understanding so far, but its best not push the limit too far. As long as she gets her toys as well, she is ok with the hats.

funneman

Practically Family
A great story...

...and two really beautiful hats. That Stetson is a real beauty, and the Mallory is nice as well. And the price....Congratulations! Good work!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
besdor said:
I've given up long ago long at tag and estate sales for hats .

Hemingway said it: the fedora find of the year! Congratulations!!:eusa_clap

Besdor, don't give up. At an estate sale, I found a flat-topped bowler hat worn by Herbert Hoover in the '20s.
(If I'd been faster, I could have also picked up one of his top hats.)

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Hemingway Jones said:
That ribbon is really something. It looks like it was spun of sterling silver threads!
-Nice to see it on.
:)

Your right HJ, it seems to glow, I promise there are no batteries or other power sources attached. Keep checking out the sales, I have had better luck in shops and sales, than I have on the "bay". Not that I will quit looking, but the others seem to produce better quality lids at equal to or better prices.
:fedora:

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Another Example

I posted this once before, I found it in a antique shop in Atlanta this summer. Granted, it is not a Vogue, but at $25.00, in my mind it was quite a deal, new never worn, notice the price tag still attached

MVC-337F.jpg

MVC-336F.jpg

MVC-335F.jpg

MVC-334F.jpg

MVC-338F.jpg

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
What a great story. What fantastic hats. Especially the Stetson.
I'm sure if that had been me I'd have been shaking while completing the transaction!

I think the best time for estate sales can be holiday weekends, and Labor Day is fast approaching. Time to be perusing the paper for those sales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou