Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Event Photos: WW2 Weekend at Lyon's Farm, IL

CombatCam

New in Town
Hey, gang.

This past weekend some of us here attended a great event at Lyon's Farm in Yorkville, IL. Many nationalities were represented, and though Sunday's two battles and events were canceled, we had beautiful weather on Saturday. The public turnout was not too bad, and they were treated to a weapons demonstration, a uniform demonstration, a few skits at the "Paris Café," and two battles.

The first battle was France, 1940, the BEF and French Army vs. the Wehrmacht. The second battle was a two part PTO battle. First the Japanese Army attacked US troops at Bataan, and then tried to hold off attacking US and British forces.

Here are photos from both battles. I'm still editing pictures, so I'll have more soon. I'll also post a few teasers here in the thread.

"Leyte, 1945"
Leyte_1945_1.jpg

Leyte_1945_2.jpg

Leyte_1945_3.jpg

Leyte_1945_1.jpg

"France, 1940"
France1940_7.jpg

France1940_4.jpg

France1940_1.jpg

France1940_3.jpg

Badluck Brody

Practically Family

Mr.Microphone

Familiar Face
Cold Rain, wind and mud. That's the best time to experience the quality suffering we all hope for in reenacting. One of my most memorable events was in Nebraska. It starting pouring so put the zelts on and kept going. It was amusing watching all of us trying to move a PaK up a slick muddy hill.

missjo

Practically Family
Good photos, nice to see the French side get some attention.

Who cares about the bad weather?
I spend last weekend crawling trough mud and rain, lovely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats