Ever find a jacket you forgot you had?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Worf, May 10, 2021.

1. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

I was doing a little pandemic/Spring cleaning... I dug down into the bottom of my jacket closet looking to clean it out and Goodwill anything I didn't want to keep. In addition to finding a lot of gear way too big for me now I also found something I forgot I had. Cockpit used to make these cloth and pleather (?) A2/G1 jackets in khaki and black. The khaki one is way too big and got donated but the black one fits rather well. It's black on black and very understated.

Given that Spring is nowhere in sight, temperature wise, I've started wearing it as my go to windbreaker. Usually wearing it on my walks or shopping. It's not overly heavy so if I start to sweat I can carry it in my hands and still get my steps in. The question is, have you ever found a jacket you forgot you had and what did you do with it?

Worf

Jin431, Fanch, JoeNiblick and 5 others like this.
  2. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

not on jackets, since I don't have that many, but other things yes. like tshirts and pants. I will wear them in rotation for few days or week until I'm tired of it, wash them and forget about them again.

3. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

Yes. My first indicator that I've reached my max.

Same thing, in the closets making room. Realized I had a long peacoat. Didn't even touch my wool coats this year with all the leather I've been trying to break in.

Jin431, Benny Holiday and Worf like this.
  4. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

I haven't found a jacket I'd forgotten about in real life, but I've dreamed that I've rediscovered some gem I'd forgotten about, only to wake up and realise that no, I don't actually own the dream jacket, it was all just a fantasy.

Guppy, Jin431, Worf and 3 others like this.
  5. ton312

ton312

I’ve done this more than I care to admit. The bonus is, it’s like getting a brand new jacket out of the blue.

Worf, AeroFan_07, photo2u and 3 others like this.
  6. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Well, my wife has been screaming in her sleep. I woke her up and “hon, what do you dream this time?”, she said a giant leather jacket is chasing me...just kidding, it’s actually a bear, but one interpretation of having such dream is because she’s overwhelmed with the mount of jackets piling around the house... and to the OP topic, I have indeed have discovered jackets I forgot I had!

7. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

I had this kind of strange dream, when i just waking up I can still remember it and even still make sense, i cant wait to sketch it down right after this cup of coffee, then after i finish my coffee only then I realize it was not and it was a ridiculous idea. I remember someone say we should have notebook by the bed and jot down or sketch down stuff you dream when you wake up at night and while still remember it... i bet most of it would be ridiculous ideas but at the time feels like the greatest idea ever.

El Marro, Worf and Benny Holiday like this.
  8. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

A number of years ago I found a WWII peacoat I forgot I had. As I now had two of them, I gave it to a friend of mine who had been looking for that style for a year or so without success.

Worf and Monitor like this.
  9. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Errrr.... Ahem... Dear Santa.... if you run across anything in a size 46 to 48... please remember moi....

Worf

Benny Holiday likes this.
  10. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

Unfortunately, I don't have anything that large. If I did, I would give it to you, because I couldn't wear it.

Worf likes this.
  11. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

I kept a notebook like this years ago, it was surprising how much my dream recall improved, in the end I could fill up a page every night which is a bit of a pain when it's four in the morning so I got lazy and stopped. Worth doing again though I think.

navetsea likes this.
  12. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

some dreams I remember for life, even when I want to forget:D
    I remember dreamed a totally black skinned log haired female figure (in white night gown of course per standard) crawling awkwardly in prone position in front of me away from me I see it from behind I'm so afraid if would turn towards me, I wanted to shout be gone in the name... but I was stuttering.

dubpynchon likes this.