Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever find a jacket you forgot you had?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I was doing a little pandemic/Spring cleaning... I dug down into the bottom of my jacket closet looking to clean it out and Goodwill anything I didn't want to keep. In addition to finding a lot of gear way too big for me now I also found something I forgot I had. Cockpit used to make these cloth and pleather (?) A2/G1 jackets in khaki and black. The khaki one is way too big and got donated but the black one fits rather well. It's black on black and very understated.

Given that Spring is nowhere in sight, temperature wise, I've started wearing it as my go to windbreaker. Usually wearing it on my walks or shopping. It's not overly heavy so if I start to sweat I can carry it in my hands and still get my steps in. The question is, have you ever found a jacket you forgot you had and what did you do with it?

Worf

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, my wife has been screaming in her sleep. I woke her up and “hon, what do you dream this time?”, she said a giant leather jacket is chasing me...just kidding, it’s actually a bear, but one interpretation of having such dream is because she’s overwhelmed with the mount of jackets piling around the house... and to the OP topic, I have indeed have discovered jackets I forgot I had!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I haven't found a jacket I'd forgotten about in real life, but I've dreamed that I've rediscovered some gem I'd forgotten about, only to wake up and realise that no, I don't actually own the dream jacket, it was all just a fantasy.
I had this kind of strange dream, when i just waking up I can still remember it and even still make sense, i cant wait to sketch it down right after this cup of coffee, then after i finish my coffee only then I realize it was not and it was a ridiculous idea. I remember someone say we should have notebook by the bed and jot down or sketch down stuff you dream when you wake up at night and while still remember it... i bet most of it would be ridiculous ideas but at the time feels like the greatest idea ever.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
A number of years ago I found a WWII peacoat I forgot I had. As I now had two of them, I gave it to a friend of mine who had been looking for that style for a year or so without success.
Errrr.... Ahem... Dear Santa.... if you run across anything in a size 46 to 48... please remember moi....

Worf

dubpynchon

One Too Many
I had this kind of strange dream, when i just waking up I can still remember it and even still make sense, i cant wait to sketch it down right after this cup of coffee, then after i finish my coffee only then I realize it was not and it was a ridiculous idea. I remember someone say we should have notebook by the bed and jot down or sketch down stuff you dream when you wake up at night and while still remember it... i bet most of it would be ridiculous ideas but at the time feels like the greatest idea ever.
I kept a notebook like this years ago, it was surprising how much my dream recall improved, in the end I could fill up a page every night which is a bit of a pain when it's four in the morning so I got lazy and stopped. Worth doing again though I think.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I kept a notebook like this years ago, it was surprising how much my dream recall improved, in the end I could fill up a page every night which is a bit of a pain when it's four in the morning so I got lazy and stopped. Worth doing again though I think.
some dreams I remember for life, even when I want to forget:D
I remember dreamed a totally black skinned log haired female figure (in white night gown of course per standard) crawling awkwardly in prone position in front of me away from me I see it from behind I'm so afraid if would turn towards me, I wanted to shout be gone in the name... but I was stuttering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112