Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever wanted to make yourself a pair of sneakers ?

TLW '90

Practically Family
Apparently you can, and he really does make it look easy with his printable template.

theres a tool or two I'd need to make this easier, but otherwise I think I could do it if I wanted to.
just a cross stitch at the heel, and a basic saddle stitch around the rest of it.
I'm not sure I'd ever actually go for it, but a pair of these in a nice rich brown pull up leather would be pretty nice.

Edward

Bartender
Interesting idea. I wonder how much time it would take versus cost of materials (working through the bank holiday today, so can't stop to watch the video right now). Sneakers dropped out of my wardrobe a dozen or fifteen years ago. I do now have one pair of slip-on Vans plimsoles in all-black that I inherited after the wife lost a lot of weight and went own a shoe size. I find them very handy in the hellheat of June / July /August down here in England, though I'm still comfier ultimately in a more traditional shoe. The real killer app would be if this method allowed the building of a sneaker that could have the sole replaced - aesthetics and comfort aside, the other main reason I moved away from sneakers was their limited lifespan, as some that I could have worn longer would always die when the sole went. A sneaker as more of a casual, canvas shoe would have a distinct appeal.

TLW '90

Practically Family
These cup soles are side stitched, so you could pop the stitch pull the sole off and replace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points