Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Every mention of Alexander Leathers has been completely eliminated from the forum!?

Well, tbh, I'd say every possibility of body shape, purpose to which the jacket will be put, etc. has been covered by now, no?

Essentially the same advice is dished out in pretty much every thread (including the "Don't bother, get a Goodwear" chaps in pretty much every thread) and it boils down to "buy the one you like the best".

Those threads really are quite repetitive.

What's wrong with "Which Aero Should I Get" threads? We're here to talk about jackets. What do you want to talk about on a jackets forum -- handkerchiefs?

wdw

One Too Many
Last I saw weights were mentioned after someone had just come across the big story and started asking reasonable questions. Don't know if anything else cropped up.

Hmmm... It's been "cleansed".

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Am I dreaming or has the Patina thread disappeared too? Hope it wasn't something I said. :(

Hi Eric, I just posted on the patina thread on your behalf, not that I really had anything to add other than to peek another look at gtdean48's good looking 50's HB. Try to keep things on a lighter note than as of late;)

What's wrong with "Which Aero Should I Get" threads? We're here to talk about jackets. What do you want to talk about on a jackets forum -- handkerchiefs?

Errr...that was kind of my point.
It's a jacket forum. Or to be more accurate, the outerwear subsection of a "style" forum.
THere are only a few things to talk about...in the whole scheme of things.
One of those is what is going on in the world of jacket manufacturing. What will be available to purchase. Jacket quality issues (or non-issues). Import duties/pricing issues. Shops. The folks who run the businesses/make the jackets.
I figure folks who come to a jacket forum expect there to be discussion about all kinds of jacket related issues.
If they are bored with a topic, they don't have to open it up.
Or.....if they have control of the button.....they can just shut it down. ;)

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
[QUOTE
Re; all the surrounding strum and drang...... best not to jump to conclusions. Things have a way of heading off in unforeseen directions.[/QUOTE]

Let's not kid ourselves: no matter what's being said in some quarters around here, the reality is that there would need a volte face of epic proportions for the current state of affairs, and the direction they're heading in, to change. New product is fine and dandy, it's just all the other stuff that is so unedifying.

Graemsay

Practically Family
I've heard claims about what happened from different people, and they often come over a bit...

CatDidIt.jpg

Much of what has been written is unwise, particularly from the point of view of libel laws. The recent pursuit of Twitter users by Lord McAlpine illustrates some of the potential legal issues, and I suspect that's the reason why the mods are deleting threads.

And if you have a problem with any company then there are a host of alternatives: Buzz Rickson, Eastman, Freewheelers, Good Wear, Himel Bros, Lost World and Pegasus all look like they're doing good stuff, and would appreciate your custom.

majormajor

One Too Many
These conversations just get more and more bizarre.

Lest we forget where we are, here, Horween & Aero TOGETHER made a statement re the doubt over the hide content of some jackets.

Since then,even though the ex-employees allegedly responsible have turned their back on this, Aero have been spending their own money to try to put things right.

That is the one thing we KNOW is happening, because it can be seen. Folks ARE have their jackets corrected by Aero.

Nevertheless, and with nothing to confirm it, we now have folks on here claiming:

a) that Aero are just doing this simply to blacken ex employees' names (a suggestion that amounts to defamation)....

and b) that any new product MUST be good, even though, allegedly, those same ex Aero employees are involved in the manufacture.

Sure, it WILL all come out in court, and we WILL have the veracity of these claims tested. But until then, please let's keep the "more the merrier" jingoism to ourselves.

If you want to buy a jacket from a new company BEFORE these doubts are laid to rest, good luck to you. You are braver (and perhaps more foolhardy) than me.

PS. Just so you know, I DO NOT have any affiliation to ANY leather jacket maker:D;)

Last edited:

leaf&arrow

New in Town
Heron a1

I can attest to the quality of the himel heron A1, I just bought the one for sale on French cancan and it came yesterday. SO nice, but pricey retail. In regards to Alexander, on a wild lark, I asked them to send me samples of the horsehide they could potentially make me a jacket from. Amanda claims the samples are in the mail, so we shall see.

Feraud

Bartender
Gentlemen, we've established why the original Alexander Leather thread was removed.
Let's try and avoid muddying the waters of this mess further with comments that could potentially drag this site into the legal morass which currently exists.

Ishmael

Practically Family
leaf & arrow, that's a great looking jacket. Please post some fit pics on (one of) the Himel threads when! Congrats, awesome to score one secondhand.

Qinhan

Familiar Face
Leaf & Arrow: just to echo Ishmael, please do post pics of your Himel A-1 when you get the chance. The photos of it on the French Cancan blog looked great.

leaf & arrow, that's a great looking jacket. Please post some fit pics on (one of) the Himel threads when! Congrats, awesome to score one secondhand.

One of the folks over at the VLJ is awaiting the arrival of a Heron he ordered some time back. I like the look of the jacket...not sure I'm wiling to spend that much on one. That, and I've learned from experience to be a bit wary when sending off measurements for a jacket.
My measurements remain the same..but I am amazed at the number of ways they have been interpreted by custom jacket makers.

Gentlemen, we've established why the original Alexander Leather thread was removed.
Let's try and avoid muddying the waters of this mess further with comments that could potentially drag this site into the legal morass which currently exists.

Highly unlikely that this forum could be dragged into any the legal issues going on.
Can't say I've never even heard of such a thing.
What does this bode for future threads about Alexander jackets once folks start receiving them?
Inevitably something about the companies past vis a vis what happened over at Aero will come up.
Be lots of busy moderators. :eeek:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy