Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Examples of heavily used Aero leather?

domaineminent

New in Town
So I am new to this world, first post and all that - I'm replacing my leather jacket this year and ended up here because I wanted a custom Aero but couldn't decide on the leather. I'm the kind of guy that wears the hell out of just a few jackets, I expect that whatever leather I choose is going to get worn relatively hard (lots of rain and contact with various surfaces). I've tried searching through the forum for examples of heavily used Aeros but a huge number of comments have lost their pictures because they were posted so long ago that they contain invalid image links. I'm especially interested in seeing cordovan (all versions), and the Vicenza, but really any examples of well broken-in Aero leather would be really helpful. Thanks!

imabuddha

New in Town
Here are a couple of pics of a highwayman that I had up until yesterday. According to Aero it was made in the mid '90s. I bought it from a recycle shop here in Japan a couple of years ago. The steerhide was very thick. Over the years with its previous owner (owners?) it got quite a patina, wish I had taken more & better quality photos. The only issue with it was that the chest pocket zipper had lost a few teeth. Amazingly the Donegal tweed lining was in great shape.

https://goo.gl/photos/nLkCFZg4MMwEJTe77
https://goo.gl/photos/bwj4CPG8Uy4uPBjG8

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
From Ebay and Aero's sale page....All in horsehide as far as I know.The Shackleton has not had heavy wear but is a lovely dark shade of cordovan.

Attachments

• Hercules-front-500.jpg
    Hercules-front-500.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,436
  • Hercules rear.jpg
    Hercules rear.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,473
  • Hercules side.jpg
    Hercules side.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,526
  • Highwayman front.jpg
    Highwayman front.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 1,546
  • Highwayman pocket.jpg
    Highwayman pocket.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 1,475
  • Highwayman rear.jpg
    Highwayman rear.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1,454
  • Indian Ranger.jpg
    Indian Ranger.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 1,543
  • Indian Ranger rear.jpg
    Indian Ranger rear.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 1,413
  • Shackleton in cordovan.jpg
    Shackleton in cordovan.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,445
  • Shackleton pocket.jpg
    Shackleton pocket.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,415

Peacoat

Bartender
Also please consider Aero's brown FQHH in chromexel. It is the flagship leather/color for the company. I have one Aero cordovan and two in the brown. The brown is by far my favorite.

domaineminent

New in Town
I do like the brown quite a bit but I don't think it fits my wardrobe or style very well. Maybe a very dark brown. Dark seal vicenza is on my short list. Seeing the cordovan that's been shared here has me leaning that way, I really like how it's almost black.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I do like the brown quite a bit but I don't think it fits my wardrobe or style very well. Maybe a very dark brown. Dark seal vicenza is on my short list. Seeing the cordovan that's been shared here has me leaning that way, I really like how it's almost black.
I thought the same thing but went with the brown CXL anyway for my LHB. My wardrobe then magically adjusted itself. It's a color with a surprising amount of depth: I never get tired of looking at it in different lighting situations.

simon jacket man

Familiar Face
So I am new to this world, first post and all that - I'm replacing my leather jacket this year and ended up here because I wanted a custom Aero but couldn't decide on the leather. I'm the kind of guy that wears the hell out of just a few jackets, I expect that whatever leather I choose is going to get worn relatively hard (lots of rain and contact with various surfaces). I've tried searching through the forum for examples of heavily used Aeros but a huge number of comments have lost their pictures because they were posted so long ago that they contain invalid image links. I'm especially interested in seeing cordovan (all versions), and the Vicenza, but really any examples of well broken-in Aero leather would be really helpful. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy