Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excelled G1 Style Jacket with Patches

Stephan1981

New in Town
Hi,
Im new to the Lounge. I‘m working as a Police Officer and two years ago while I was watching Top Gun, I had the Idea of getting a Flight Jacket. Couse I‘m not a Pilot I thought of getting something Police related. It common to treat Patches with other Police Officers when you’re traveling or such.
So I had the Idea of getting a Flight Jacket and collect Patches to sew them on.

A while later I found a Excelled G1 Stile Jacket in a second Hand Store in Berlin. It’s a 46 tall wich is important cause I’m
6ft8.

The last thing I did was changing the collar. It was dark brown fake fur and I changed it to lamb fur in gold.

I’d like to thank you all for the information in this Forum and looking forward to read some opinions.

Jacket with the fake collar

That’s the Jacket right now.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Very nice jacket and welcome to the Lounge. Also thanks for your service as a police officer to protect the rest of us!

Skyhawk

Vendor
Welcome and the jacket looks great! The patches look cool and I like the fact that it is a civilian style G-1. I don't think it would work to have the civilian patches on an issued contract G-1. It just would not look right. The collar looks very nice as well. That was a nice touch. You may want to get the knits replaced someday with 100% wool. They are a lot nicer. Excelled is a solid company. They make the current issue G-1's I believe. Or they did recently. Thanks for posting the photos and for your service!
Regards,
Jay

Stephan1981

New in Town
Welcome and the jacket looks great! The patches look cool and I like the fact that it is a civilian style G-1. I don't think it would work to have the civilian patches on an issued contract G-1. It just would not look right. The collar looks very nice as well. That was a nice touch. You may want to get the knits replaced someday with 100% wool. They are a lot nicer. Excelled is a solid company. They make the current issue G-1's I believe. Or they did recently. Thanks for posting the photos and for your service!
Regards,
Jay

I think the same, but just for correction, all those Patches are Police Patches. Not for civilian use.

Edward

Bartender
Nice jacket; the collar modification really 'lifts' it somehow. The civilianised details are interesting, all fairly typical of the G1-inspired civilian jackets of the post-war decade.

Stephan1981

New in Town
Nice jacket; the collar modification really 'lifts' it somehow. The civilianised details are interesting, all fairly typical of the G1-inspired civilian jackets of the post-war decade.
Yes, I’m very happy with the collar. It still has to break in a bit, but looks far better.
I wonder if anyone of you can date the Jacket. The Seller said around late 70s...

Edward

Bartender
Hard to gauge a date without seeing labels and such; it looks very much like a style Schott have been doing forever, and many others have done the same. Certainly could be 70s or eighties, but the general style has been around, largely unchanged, since at lest the late 40s/ early 50s.

Stephan1981

New in Town
Hard to gauge a date without seeing labels and such; it looks very much like a style Schott have been doing forever, and many others have done the same. Certainly could be 70s or eighties, but the general style has been around, largely unchanged, since at lest the late 40s/ early 50s.
Ok, thank you. I’ll try to take a pic of the label later

IXL

One Too Many
Can't seem to see the images. I get the "please update your Photobucket account" squares, which I believe is aimed at the OP. Anyone know what I can do to be able to view them?

Edward

Bartender
The best option is to attach photos directly to your post (though you may have to shrink 'em first). Photobucket used to be great, but since they decided to get grabby, they've ruined a lot of forums threads on a lot of forums. I wonder have they actually gained much from it.....

Stephan1981

New in Town
2C83E4D3-0926-4493-8CBA-64145D0DF821.png
B02DFFA3-9DF8-4C3C-B4F1-EE3FB5EDB2CF.jpeg
79F7A4E8-D39D-4AF9-A760-CC3236CD5CE8.png
A218B01E-CC2A-4427-BC9F-33041666404F.png

Here are the Pics again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ