Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Exciting archaeological discoveries....

Twit

One of the Regulars
Moderately repulsive thing on Roman sewer full of human excrement and some moderately interesting other things. I recently saw an entire highly scientific book on coprolites and the archaeological usage of human excrement to understand things about the past; I cannot say that I would wish to specialize in this, but what the heck.

You'd be amazed what you can learn from it! One of my friends has pretty much made his career from human waste of different sorts! I'm an archaeologist by qualification, but defected to anthropology pretty quickly... A lot of my friends didn't and they seem to thoughly enjoy wading knee deep through it at some points.

On a completely unrelated point I once knew a girl who differentiate between London's stratographic layers just by how coarse, or not, the brick dust was! I found it amazing, that has to be the best archeo-geek party trick! And I speak as one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner