Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excuse me Miss, do you Blog?

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hi ladies, I have a lot of reading to catch up on! I can't wait to check out your new posts.

I'm on vacation, but did a little post regarding some new treasures, Treasure Trove. I'm going to need another suitcase to get my stuff home! *lol*
X
BD

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
Hi ladies, I have a lot of reading to catch up on! I can't wait to check out your new posts.

I'm on vacation, but did a little post regarding some new treasures, Treasure Trove. I'm going to need another suitcase to get my stuff home! *lol*
X
BD

You have so many cute, awesome things Dahlia! And again, I LOVE the Coro earrings!

I did a post on a portrait series by Tom Hussey called "Reflections". This definitely is a big exception as I want to take all images on my blog for my blog, but my camera being silly and just the fact that I can't get over how beautiful this portrait series is, I just had to share it!

Click!

Flicka

One Too Many
Tips for 20s blogs?

Lately, I've found myself drifting more and more towards the 20s. I've more or less unconsciously started to look for both clothes and decor that reek of the 20s which probably is because I've read quite a lot about the period. Now I'm busy sewing 20s repro clothing and I even have 20s playlists on Spotify!

Anyway, because I've decided to let myself roll with it, I was wondering if you savvy people could point me towards blogs that share this infatuation with everything 20s? Most vintage-y blogs I've found focus on later periods, but I'm sure you know where I should look.

Be a pal and show a gal where to find some inspiration! :)

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
FL's own Swinggal (Swingfashionista.com) is by far the best 20s and 30s blog I've ever seen...I was reading her site before I even signed up to FL and found she was here.

Last edited:

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
My favorite for '20s inspiration is the talented crew at Vintage Vivant.

And one of the women who runs it has her own style blog for her adorable '20s/'30s wardrobe, Old Fashioned Way.

I'm not crazy about '20s fashions for myself, but they make me want to convert to flapperdom!! :)

swinggal

One Too Many
FL's own Swinggal (Swingfashionista.com) is by far the best 20s and 30s blog I've ever seen...I was reading her site before I even signed up to FL and found she was here.

Awww...thanks guys. I co-write it with another gal, but she doesn't have the time to write much anymore. I try to cover more than the 20s and 30s but the 1930s really is my fav era and I collect Art Deco furniture, art and design too.

Another friend of mine here in the FL from Australia - Mojito - has more 1920s garb than anyone I know and is a full bottle on the 1920s. Her site is called 'Jazz, Gin and the Cat's Meow' . She hasn't written a lot of late (and Is currently on a Titanic Memorial trip which actually WENT to the location in the Atlantic) but there are buckets of archives which amazing pics or all her beautiful gowns and tips and info about the 20s and art deco period.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
My favorite for '20s inspiration is the talented crew at Vintage Vivant.

And one of the women who runs it has her own style blog for her adorable '20s/'30s wardrobe, Old Fashioned Way.

I'm not crazy about '20s fashions for myself, but they make me want to convert to flapperdom!! :)

I've seen Amelia's photos quite a bit on Flickr but never really followed her blog, might have to now...she really is adorable!

Another blog I like is the Modern Day Flapper...she always has some great inspiration! http://themoderndayflapper.blogspot.com/

Once in awhile I like to try and do "Deco" but I don't have much wardrobe and haven't gotten down fingerwaves yet! ;)

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Well, I am off to check out these 20s/30s blogs this instant!

I just posted on 1950s make-do-and-mend fashion from Britain's Home Notes magazine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran