Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excuse me Miss, do you Blog?

Puzzicato

One Too Many
missminna said:
Recently I have been blog busy, posts include reviews of Shoreditch soho house and Bob Bob Ricard, Anglocentric I know but another post, on Kimono isn't! Also a couple of opinion pieces, on weight perception. Please have a look if you have a spare moment, and comment. It is nice to hear from people all over the place, just ignore the dodgy grammar!

http://redlegsinsoho.blogspot.com/

Also I have given in and can be found with the tweeters at
redlegsinsoho

Hope all are well and enjoying their summer.

Minn x

Ooh! I look forward to reading about Bob Bob Ricard - I've been wanting to go there just for the champagne-ordering button.

xitsvivx

Familiar Face
http://vivideluxxxe.blogspot.com

Why did you start your blog?

I used to have one over at livejournal.com, but when I started that one up, it was mostly to join communities.. and most of the communities I was a part of are dead, so it was time to switch over to something else.

How did you decide on a topic, find your niche?
eh, well, I dont have just ONE topic.. when I first started my livejournal, it was mostly for makeup purposes. I was learning how to do my own & so I kind of used it as a journal to track my progress I guess. I took pictures of my makeup almost daily & posted it on there for myself & to get constructive criticism. THe blog I have now, isn't only for makeup.. actually it probably is about less of my makeup, and more on OTHERs hair & makeup now. I am a hair & makeup artist.. and occasionally post pictures from weddings I have done. I also post rants here & there or about neat vintage finds.

Are you motivated to maintain your blog, why?
somewhat. I find with blogspot, there are a lot more people who have blogs that pertain to vintage life, items, etc... and I love reading up on them, so I check my blog & readers daily.. maybe write a post or 2 a week.

Have you found your blog to be an outlet or a way to stay passionate?
eh... somewhat. I blog and act as if no one were reading it. I dont really censor myself on there.. I just let myself at it.. but it's not used as a pour my heart out all over the place diary. =)

Louise Anne

Suspended
:eek:fftopic: (or near ) If any of the ladies here who Blog and would like a link to your blog from my site please contact me by pm with the blog name address, my page has revved over 3,000 visitors since it's re design at the start of the month.

annet

One of the Regulars

i'm an illustration student and it's an easy way to showcase my work! if people ask about it i can just send them a link.

that's an easy one, i mainly do drawings and some photographs, and that's what it was meant for.

sure, because i keep making things (for school too) so it kind of updates itself! sometimes things get quiet, when i'm working on something that isn't published yet.

not really, since it's about something i do anyway. but nice comments always make me a happy camper!

the link to my blog is in my signature!

tuppencehapenny

New in Town
- Why did you start your blog?
simple enough - I wanted to share my vintage finds and enthusiasm.

- How did you decide on a topic, find your niche?
I don't know that I have a 'niche' as such - my blog is my scrapbook, with everything from outfit posts to vintage magazine scans to features on retro art.

- Are you motivated to maintain your blog, why?
I'm pretty motivated to keep up the blog - sometimes to the detriment of actual work, even! I love spending time post-processing my photos crafting my digital collages - it's a creative outlet. And also receiving comments and new followers is always a huge motivation to keep producing more content.

- Have you found your blog to be an outlet or a way to stay passionate?
My blog has definitely helped me develop my own personal style, in so many ways. It also serves as an encouragement to make an effort every day, as there's a good chance I'll be photographing myself for an outfit post!

xx Charlotte
Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage

MysteriousRed

New in Town
There were so many blogs I read on blogger -and- I had been wanting to start a blog for quite sometime so it all came together.

My topic is my life. I write letters, post photos (of the past and present) and give reviews of other blogs. It's 40's to 70's inspired and if you enjoy a normal, yank gal - you'll enjoy my blog. My interests: Old school punk, 2000-era metal, crime stories and oddities.

Sure, I always have things going on in my life.

Both.

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
http://thehemmablog.blogspot.com

1. Why did you start your blog?
I've been reading other blogs in the vintage and sewing community for a while now and I know they always motivate me and seem to be great for exchanging ideas. I figured a blog of my own would be a bit more of a fine-tuned motivator and tracker, and also give the possibility of fitting into an online community socially as I'm usually pretty busy and, so, a bit hermetic too.

2. How did you decide on a topic, find your niche?
I focused it on the two major interests in my life right now: learning to sew off vintage patterns and learning Combat sports (Thai Boxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) and generally trying to find a balance between my desire to dress stylishly, with more feminine aire and just wanting to put on sweat pants or anything in the clothes pile when I have time between working and working out. I think I'll be tagging the posts so anyone who wants to read could always skip the training stuff.

3. Are you motivated to maintain your blog, why?
Well, I only have one post so far, but I have a couple lined up and, like I said, I'm hoping this will help motivate and balance things for me.

4. Have you found your blog to be an outlet or a way to stay passionate?
We'll see!..

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
(edited to add: my blog link is in my signature!)

- Why did you start your blog?
I have been following a lot of really fantastic vintage fashion blogs for ages, and I really wanted to be a part of that community. None of my friends or family really understand my love of vintage clothes, so it's great to have a place to show off all my pieces, vain as that may sound. I spend a lot of time and effort collecting antique and vintage clothing and putting outfits together, but no one around me is very concerned with fashion; having a blog the whole world can see keeps me inspired to keep going and dressing to the nines every day!

- How did you decide on a topic, find your niche?
Well, the only blogs I've ever really read and followed are fashion blogs (especially vintage) so it never really occurred to me to choose any other topic.

- Are you motivated to maintain your blog, why?
Yeah, I've been pretty motivated lately. I started my blog last spring, forgot about it all summer, then got back into posting this fall. Following other blogs and seeing their great style keeps me feeling energized and enthusiastic to create better ensembles and take more beautiful pictures.

- Have you found your blog to be an outlet or a way to stay passionate?
Oh yes! Like I mentioned above, I spend most of my time around lovely, non-materialistic people who just don't really care that much about clothes, especially not my dusty old antique dresses, ha ha. I like the way my blog allows me to share these treasures with like minded people; it also allows me to showcase my inspirations, and hopefully trigger some fashion inspiration in someone else.

Katarina

New in Town
Short answer: to heal after the disastrous end of a disastrous relationship. Dressing in vintage, primping, catching up on my history, and just plain taking care of myself has given me so much confidence. Having my blog and updating it, even if no one reads it, helps me keep at it.

Vintage fashion was a given, and no doubt I was probably going to blog about makeup and hair. But throw bad horror movies into the mix! I thought it would make a unique, interesting combination.

Vintage isn't all just bobby pins and lipstick. Sometimes there's a giant spider, too.

I have one commenter, and I've known him for years. He's what keeps me going.

My blog's definitely a way to stay passionate. I'm hoping to get a few commenters going and really create a dialogue.

missminna

New in Town
Blog: Vintage stereotype quiz

Hello,
I grew sick of those 'what kind of sausage are you?' quizzes on face book. Decided to put my own silly quiz up although it is also a sly dig at stereotyping. It is a bit Anglocentric and a bit rude (easily offended please avoid as I don't like offending!)
see here RedLegsinSoho.
I'd be interested to hear if there are different 'types' in the US and elsewhere, although ultimately we should leave it to the endlessly stupid media to pigeon hole us. I wonder where the line between a sense of community and tribalism lies?
Yours convivially,
Minn x

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
I've started one, been sick the last week so not able to do much :rolleyes:

Links in my sig, it's general wafflings about my day to day life, vintage purchases, hair, beauty, attempts to get fit, life is an adventure and I see it as such. ;)

The main reason for starting the blog is a space to write all my fitness/body changing stuff down so that I stay motivated and that I can look back and see any patterns and of course be proud of the changes! :D I don't really mind if people read it or not tbh but comments are always nice. :)

Porcelina

New in Town
This thread is fantastic, I love discovering new vintage blogs! And I already follow quite a few of the ladies' blogs who are on this forum. They're an absolute inspiration to me.

I've been writing mine since about February, it's:
www.vintageburlesque.blogspot.com

I get really excited over small things, like finding something vintage in a charity shop for 50p, or finding an amazing tearoom. My boyfriend has a limited capacity for listening to these little monologues of mine, and I only have a few friends who would care to listen to them. I used to write for an online magazine, doing reviews for bars, restaurants, shops etc, and I found myself leaning towards reviewing vintage shops and little old lady cafes. So, it just sort of became a natural progression. In future I want to expand my blog to include a shop and tutorials, and I hope to make a little revenue from it - although I have a day job (well, two actually!), I am much more interested in having a 'portfolio career', probably a safer bet in this difficult economic climate!

My interest in vintage happened through burlesque, where an interest in 1940s and 1950s undergarments expanded into the rest of the outfit. So, I thought I'd write about burlesque and vintage, as I couldn't find many other blogs that covered both these topics. It's been hard keeping up the burlesque side of it because I've not performed this year due to my other work commitments, but who knows, there may be a come-back for Christmas...

I have so much material for my blog that it does motivate me immensely, and I think it's good practice to keep writing. I have amassed 18 followers, which I am proud of, and am determined to steadily add to them. I also think that vintage items are things of beauty and should be shared with the world - either through being worn or being photographed and circulated.

It's a creative outlet for me, a much needed one! I used to spend a lot of creative energy on my routines and costumes for burlesque, and writing helps me to release some of that unused energy in this period of temporary retirement from the stage!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I am following some of you now. I think? I don't really know what I'm doing. I think that if I had a blog it would be all about how I have a twin and no one wants to read that. :)

Foofoogal

Banned
I have found the blog to be very useful as a gateway of information about me and my business sites. It has a lead to my face book page. I used to send out a newsletter but this is way more easy and convenient IMHO.

Foofoogal

Banned
Nice blog. I commented on a post. I keep reading that wordpress is much better than the other blog thing for many reasons. Maybe one day I will change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider