Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excuse me Miss, do you Blog?

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Hi all! I'm really trying to get myself recommitted to my blog. I've made a schedule for myself, and here's the first one of the week: http:/www.wire9vintage.blogspot.com

I've got a nice give-away planned for next week, but I need some followers in order to have anyone to give to! (Wow, that sounds a bit like a pity party!)

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Miss Sabrina, you are the bees knees! Thank you so much! I'm following you now...love your blog. I, too, collect charm, beauty, and etiquette books!

I've also spent much of my life pining for long-dead men... Probably a lot of us in the lounge are guilty of that!

Miss Sabrina Fairchild

Familiar Face
Miss Sabrina, you are the bees knees! Thank you so much! I'm following you now...love your blog. I, too, collect charm, beauty, and etiquette books!

I've also spent much of my life pining for long-dead men... Probably a lot of us in the lounge are guilty of that!

Aww thanks lovely. It was my pleasure...I hope it helps :)

I tried to be interested in the "men" that the other teenage girls were into...but they just did nothing for me. Give me Fred Astaire or William Powell any day!

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Yep. I hear ya. I was the only 17-year-old who even knew who Ronald Coleman was, much less who loved and adored him!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hi all! I'm really trying to get myself recommitted to my blog. I've made a schedule for myself, and here's the first one of the week: http:/www.wire9vintage.blogspot.com

I've got a nice give-away planned for next week, but I need some followers in order to have anyone to give to! (Wow, that sounds a bit like a pity party!)

I find blogging still a challenge. I mean, the logistics of it are advertise advertise advertise, and Im so bad at that :p. Thats how I see give aways sometimes. They can be great, but Id try not doing them just for the sake of readers. Some blogs do them so much it feels like desperation.

I think what keeps people at your blog will be your content. Write fun light funny stuff, if thats your goal. Keep it open so lots of people can relate, and don't make fun of anyone, unless it's yourself. Make fun of ideas instead. Also, admit when you are wrong or don't know about something. Just because we write on blogs it don't make us experts in everything, just always seeking to learn. Also, I find it fun to end a post with an open ended question of discussion. Some do better than others but always make it relate to your post. You want to keep people checking in on your post, sometimes multiple times throughout he day.

By all accounts, my blog followers are pretty small compared to some of the other blogs out there. I have a niche market (plus size vintage) and I cater to them above all. I'm cool with that because the people who follow my blog love it, and i do it for me and them. So think about it, is content your goal or numbers?

Okay, Ill stop talking now.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Am I in the right forum? This one is directed at the ladies. I don't actually blog, insomuch as record a cyber diary of things, but what I do is to write a day to day journal, and I have done so for just over 50years. It's a day to day diary, A4 in size, all catalogued from 1960. Most days contain a few sentences, some have paragraphs, whilst the highs and lows of life have additional sheets.
There are interesting keepsakes, like tickets when I saw The Beatles in Hamburg, in 1961, Pete Best was still the drummer then. (and the band were dire) What do you expect, playing six hours a day? Day in, day out. I kept old railway tickets, not many, but it's fascinating because they are on railway lines that were ripped up 40 odd years ago. Last issue newspapers, The Daily Herald & The Daily Sketch.
Exam results, old passports, milestone greeting cards. Old cheque stubs, my first credit card statement.
It's all there, but none of it on line. And I have no intention of even thinking about the monumental task of transfering it.
1. When did you start your journal?
2. How did you decide on a topic, find your niche?
In my teens and early twenties, I competed at Latin & Ballroom dancing. Writing about it was a good time filler whilst waiting to take to the floor.
Very soon, all aspects of life were covered.
3. Are you motivated to maintain your journal, why?
Oh yes, if only for the fascination of seeing life through my own ramblings.
4. Have you found your journal to be an outlet or a way to stay passionate?
I was inspired some years ago, when Bill Wyman, the Rolling Stones bass player, had kept an acurate journal of all the Stones history.
Knocked my little effort into a cocked hat.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
I like your fedora post Wire9Vintage, and I 'am now a follower :)

My latest blog post is showing off a new hair style and a fur coat.

Miss Sabrina Fairchild

Familiar Face
After an extended break due to technical difficulties...then an extended stay in Sydney (thanks to airport dramas) I am back blogging again. I dressed up in a 1960s cocktail dress to see the ballet, talked about my secret weapon for keeping my pin curl set going, did some reviews on a Melbourne vintage alteration service, showed you how I wash my vintage nylons and participated in some "vintage tag".

https://missfairchildscharmschool.wordpress.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko