Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Experience in Freewheelers leather sizing?

Ole K. Vik

A-List Customer
A Deerskin La Brea would be so heavenly. Is it the Ochre one, or is it black? I know they made a black Deerskin Centinela if memory serves me, but not 100% certain on the La Brea?
I have the La Brea in ochre deerskin. So,so soft and sweet...
Screenshot_20220106-204732_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220106-204732_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220106-204732_Gallery.jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 250

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
That is a sweet deal! Congratulations! May I ask how on earth you managed to order a Mulholland in Auburn? Are they taking special orders from anyone willing to pay or is it an inside deal? I would order the La Brea in Auburn tomorrow if I had the chance!
I'm thinking this is the one being sold at Genco, I think the jacket was made in 2016 so it's very surprising the jacket only sold now lol but happy for @dudewuttheheck to get this piece

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
That is a sweet deal! Congratulations! May I ask how on earth you managed to order a Mulholland in Auburn? Are they taking special orders from anyone willing to pay or is it an inside deal? I would order the La Brea in Auburn tomorrow if I had the chance!
First of all, I'm an idiot. It's the La Brea, not Mulholland. I actually live in LA and have driven both streets (La Brea I drive on quite often) and I still get the names mixed up, especially because I had three Mulhollands haha.

Funny enough, @Jin431 is still correct and it was the one from Genco. Interestingly, it's the only place I have bought Freewheelers jackets from and not sold any on from. Hopefully that luck holds this time. The Mulholland they have their is 38z bit it's vintage brown, not Auburn. I think its slightly different

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First of all, I'm an idiot. It's the La Brea, not Mulholland. I actually live in LA and have driven both streets (La Brea I drive on quite often) and I still get the names mixed up, especially because I had three Mulhollands haha.

Funny enough, @Jin431 is still correct and it was the one from Genco. Interestingly, it's the only place I have bought Freewheelers jackets from and not sold any on from. Hopefully that luck holds this time. The Mulholland they have their is 38z bit it's vintage brown, not Auburn. I think its slightly different

You should visit his shop next time you are in Japan, there were quite a few older models, including Jelado repros of East West, none of which was my size at the time sadly.

Johnkimm

New in Town
Does FreeWheelers make size bigger than 44 for leather jackets? I am considering to buy La Brea or Mulholland. I usually wear 46 for leather jackers, and going with size 44 would be too small. Do they make size 46 or above for their leather jackets?

Aloysius

Does FreeWheelers make size bigger than 44 for leather jackets? I am considering to buy La Brea or Mulholland. I usually wear 46 for leather jackers, and going with size 44 would be too small. Do they make size 46 or above for their leather jackets?

IMHO these makers usually fumble when they try to make large sizes. We've discussed Jason Momoa's custom Freewheelers here before; they clearly didn't know how to handle such a size and the jacket is weirdly proportioned.

The Mulholland is a straight-zip 1940s CHP with side adjusters at the hem instead of laces. Johnson Leathers in San Francisco can make you one that will fit amazingly, while giving you exactly the aesthetic details you want. I'd suggest giving them a call or an email. I checked out their straight-zip 1940s CHP when I was at the store and it's up there with the best of them.

Alternatively, you can keep an eye out for vintage CHPs but you might run into a similar problem to me in terms of not quite being 40s height/sizing!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I can't remember ever seeing a 46. They may have made 46 at some point, but I can't personally remember seeing anything above a 44.

red devil

There have been Freewheelers in size 46, seen them before. Not sure if they are still making them.

That being said, I would take @Aloysius advice on this one. JL will get you an amazing fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana