Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Experiences with Aero´s oil pull horsehide

JohnRawson1944

New in Town
oil pull horsehide

I wear a beauty made of oil pulled horsehide - it´s a vest made by AERO LEATHER CLOTHING. I am very pleased wearing it, but personally recommend for a jacket FRONT QUARTER HORSEHIDE without any preperation like "vintage horsehide" or "oil pulled". Oil pulled hide is more comfortable in the beginning, but fades in bad weather faster than the good old original FRONT QUARTER HORSEHIDE. Good luck.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Would a m422a work in oil pull?

I would love one of those jackets but cant really see myself wearing it
enough to even begin getting wear on the goatskin.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
revisiting the thread as I'm considering a oil pull, my question is, does it come in black ever? I can picture how the brown color shows burnish and color variation, but how would it look in black

Fonzie

One Too Many
revisiting the thread as I'm considering a oil pull, my question is, does it come in black ever? I can picture how the brown color shows burnish and color variation, but how would it look in black
AFAIK Aero only has it in brown, but the depth of color and texture changes a lot with different batches. Mine one is quite supple and mid weight with almost suede like texture, the oil “pulling” effect is very nice IMO and gives a vintage look effect.
I haven’t seen this leather in black but I can imagine that it’d be very nice if available.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
WOW! Thread from 2010...and a product we don't see on here much these days.

I had an "Oil Pull" jacket as a fit jacket some time back. It was interesting but not really for me. Has a different feel, and certainly feels quite broken in right out of the box. If intersted, it's probably a good hide for a little more "wearable" jacket right out of the box. Many of the Trainee jackets get made in this hide as it's easier to work with than very-still CXL Steer & FQHH. And many of these can be a real deal direct from Aero. Just look over thier Sale page...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic