Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fabulous Hollywood Costume Auction

Warbaby

One Too Many
Hope no one minds a bit of cross-posting - I posted this earlier today in the Vintage Finds section, but since many of you may not visit that section I thought I should post it here as well, because the items are so spectacular.

"Through a series of auctions presented by Profiles in History, stage and
screen star Debbie Reynolds will sell a massive amount of her iconic
Hollywood memorabilia including costumes and props from years of
Hollywood history. Beginning June 18 in Beverly Hills, this auction
offers an enormous collection including: Elizabeth Taylor and Richard
Burton's "Cleopatra" costumes; Marilyn Monroe's iconic white "subway
dress" from "The Seven-Year Itch"; Julie Andrews' peasant dress and
guitar from "The Sound of Music"; Charlie Chaplin's "Tramp character"
signature bowler hat; Gene Kelly's suit from the signature musical
number in "Singin' in the Rain"; Judy Garland's original blue-and-white
gingham dress/blouse from the first two weeks of filming "The Wizard of
Oz," along with a pair of ruby slippers.

There's a pdf file of the complete auction catalog that you can download:

http://www.profilesinhistory.com/debbie-reynolds-auction/event-and-catalog-information

Red Diabla

One of the Regulars
WOW, that auction looks amazing! I didn't download the catalog, but just what is shown on the site is quite spectacular! I might be able to go to one of the previews in mid-June, if I can swing it!

RD

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I downloaded the catalog. Mind boggling. It really is an absolute disgrace that nobody could find a suitable home for this collection. With all the zillionaires in the movie industry, they should all be ashamed. Nobody will ever be able to get such a collection together in one place like this. Magnificent costumes from the silent era, movie cameras and other technical equipment from all eras, personal letters, contracts and diaries. And I only looked at about 20% of it. Everyone should take the time to download the catalog, just as a keep sake. It's amazing.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
P.S. This is another thread that absolutely belongs in another forum. Bartender?
Edit: I found the original thread in the Vintage Finds forum. Fair enough, tho I think it also ought to be in the Moving Picture forum as well. Maybe I'll just post a link. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana