Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

DOGMAN

One Too Many
After reading all the good things about Falcon Park and seeing the beautiful hats.I called Parker on 12-8 to order my first custom hat.:D

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I emailed parker today about his production time. He was going through a move and equipment upgrade that iswhy his production was slowed. My hat is due for completion in mid feb and i cant wait to see it

Blackjack

One Too Many
A little better shot of my new FP hat
hatman2.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+1! Any shots in natural light?
I've just begun conversations with Parker about a new custom, due to the amazing Christmas generosity of my dad!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
The "Trail"/"Deming"?

Here's the Trail or Deming, my semi-Western custom from Parker:
Trail_01.jpg

Trail_02.jpg

The hat is quite soft; Parker included a removable liner; the color is somewhere between the two shades here; and it fits well now that I've padded it a bit. No, it doesn't look too much like the artist's conception I posted earlier. Parker had it bashed that way, a sort of cattleman style, but for some reason when I tried it on, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. So I went with my usual diamond-with-dome. Now I can't help but think I've made the crown too low for the 2 5/8" brim.

None of this, I stress, is Parker's fault! He produced a good-looking hat to my specs. I'm just not sure that a non-dimensional brim of that size looks right on me. I'll try to get a couple of noggin shots soon . . . but whaddaya think so far?

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Here are 2 more pics, color not as close. The first makes it look like an Akubra Campdraft, but it's not that light colored:

Trail_03.jpg

Trail_04.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I'm just not sure that a non-dimensional brim of that size looks right on me. I'll try to get a couple of noggin shots soon . . . but whaddaya think so far?
A non-dimensional wide brim looks just great. I'm sure you will love the dimensions once you've gotten used to it.

The crown height looks fine, I like the crease and the overall dimensions.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
It was supposed to be 5.5".

ETA: Measured just now. At the highest point as creased, it's a hair over 4.5"; a little over 4" at the front. My highest-crowned vintage hat, the gray Royal Stetson I scooped up on eBay before Christmas, is almost 5" at the high point.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters