Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

Blackjack

One Too Many
Well unless he's making hats in his condo there I have no idea where he's located. I drove up and down Falcon a number of times and it's all condos by the park and the High School.

kenmcneill

Familiar Face
Well unless he's making hats in his condo there I have no idea where he's located. I drove up and down Falcon a number of times and it's all condos by the park and the High School.

From his website, pricing, and the lack of a published physical address, I'm thinking he does it part time and not really set up for foot traffic. That's OK with me. A lot of exceptional craftsmen start out (or stay) that way.

Ken

hulkamad

Familiar Face
Anyone know what his lead times are? It states 4 weeks on the site, but I'm sure it varies.

Randy

I sent him an email for swatches and he stated that his current lead time as of this writing is 8-10 weeks. For a custom hat for those prices, I'd say that lead time is dynamite.

I'll get around to posting some of his swatches pics he sent me...

hulkamad

Familiar Face
Here is the pic of the swatches:
Felt.jpg

Also, "rust" swatch:
Rust.jpg

Ribbon samples pic:
Ribbon.jpg

Hope it is alright with him for me to post these here.
This ought to give the ladies and gentlemen here an idea of what Falcon Park Hattery has to offer. (I know I'm getting some ideas...:cool:)

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
That looks quite promising. That's a quite respectable selection. I also think that it's a good thing to promote new hatters. Some very excellent ones are already well known in the relevant circles, but on the whole, I think that ample benefit comes from promoting growth in the numbers of those notable craftsmen.

Perhaps in the future we'll have a 'Falcon Park Exhibition' to accompany the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame et al.

Last edited:

Bill Greene

One of the Regulars
I'm sorry but I really don't have many photos of my hats from Parker, but I'd be happy to take a few...puffy bows and all. I can definitively tell you that he is not set up for foot traffic. He does this part-time, albeit in a well appointed shop. Like most of us, he's just a hat love that figured out most of the intricacies of hat making, and starting building them for fun. I jumped on his bandwagon because getting in on the ground floor of something good is usually, well, really good. And I figured, if the hat is just typical it's the same price I'm paying for sub-par, new Stetson's etc., so I bit. And it has turned out great.

So just so you know, the guy's the real deal: Nice fellow, exceptional hat maker, and honest to a fault. Nobody is comparing him to Art Fawcett, Major Moore, Steve Delk or Jim Whittington, etc...hell, nobody I know would be that foolish, including Parker. Especially Parker! Those are the people he is inspired by. He's just doing a great job at something he likes to do. Which has been more than good enough for my head. I hope some of you have the same experience. Once he sees this thread, there is no doubt he'll weigh in, and probably be a little embarrassed about it.

Falcon Park

New in Town
Gentlemen all,

Thank you so very much for your comments, and please pardon my delayed response. First of all, let me say that I welcome any and all feedback on my work. One of the main reasons I entered this business almost 4 years ago (after 2 years of preparation) was to learn, and what a learning experience it has been and continues to be! When I can no longer learn from and about my craft, then I'm done. As to bow treatments, as my friend and client Bill said, may the client's will prevail. If you prefer a tighter/flatter bow, then you need only say the word in the ordering process.

Ken is correct that I do not have a store front; mine is a private shop operated out of my home, although I have had several local clients visit me in the northwest suburbs of Chicago when schedules permit. I do most of my business with clients via phone and internet, and they hail from Arizona to North Dakota to Lousiana and beyond. Hat making is not my full-time occupation-- yet.

;)

Like several of my colleagues in the biz, I am essentially a "weekend hatter."

Please also accept my apologies for my website being in need of updating; I need to make time to add more photos of my custom work. As for production time, I am currently running at about 8 weeks due to being unexpectedly busy for the last several months. Good problem to have, though... :)

When you have a moment, please let me hear from you here on the Lounge or through my website at www.FalconParkHattery.com, and cheers to all for a most joyous holiday season!!

Parker

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello and welcome, Falcon. It's great to have you here!

If you pass by this thread again and feel like answering a question, please do. After looking at the picture of the felt samples posted on the previous page, I was wondering (and this might have already been stated; if so, I apologize) if you get your felt bodies from the Winchester Hat Co.?

The name and appearances of the colors are very similar to those offered by several other hatters; that's why I ask.

At any rate, I wish you well in your hat-making venture. Everything I've seen so far on your website and on the Lounge suggests that you make a quality product and take pride in your work :). Bravo, sir! :eusa_clap

theinterchange

One Too Many
Here is the pic of the swatches:
Felt.jpg

Also, "rust" swatch:
Rust.jpg

Ribbon samples pic:
Ribbon.jpg

Hope it is alright with him for me to post these here.
This ought to give the ladies and gentlemen here an idea of what Falcon Park Hattery has to offer. (I know I'm getting some ideas...:cool:)

I REALLY like that green ribbon!

Randy

Falcon Park

New in Town
Thanks Neophyte! Indeed, my primary felt body supplier, especially for beaver, is Winchester. I do have one other source that I use for the occasional "special order." No worries on posting the photos, Randy, although seeing them here makes me think I need to get some nicer pictures of the samples, and one that includes black! Oh, well. I have a number of other ribbon colors available, but the ones pictured are the most common.

Stay in touch!

FP

barrowjh

One Too Many
Late Reporting These Two

Two 'limited' hat refurbishments done for me by Falcon Park Hattery:

First, the green-grey Stetson 3X - it needed a ribbon and a liner.
Picture24.jpg

Picture17.jpg

Picture19.jpg

Picture46.jpg

Picture43.jpg

This is the light brown hat in my avatar - needed a new sweatband and a liner:
Picture44.jpg

Picture45.jpg

I'm happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members