Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

ejbhats

A-List Customer
The Steson, Floridian and my Etchicson, should be coming back home within a couple weeks. I am really anxious to see Parkers work.
What a great guy to work with.

EggHead

Practically Family
Checking in after a couple of weeks.. I am thinking of ordering, but waiting on you guys (bowlerman, fmw). I would like to see more pics and more comments.

fmw

One Too Many
Checking in after a couple of weeks.. I am thinking of ordering, but waiting on you guys (bowlerman, fmw). I would like to see more pics and more comments.

So would I. We've been waiting for months. I sent an email and got back what I would view as an excuse. Hopefully sometime soon.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I don't care to speculate whether the delay is an excuse or legitimate, but I'm led to believe mine should be arriving in just over a week's time. Until then I'll be vacating with my family which should be a welcome distraction from the wait (of course it would have been great to bring the new lid along!).

BR Gordon

One Too Many
The joy and sorry of ordering anything from a small one man shop. I've ordered many items from custom shops and it seems that it always takes longer than anticipated. Hopefully the joy of owning the hat will long outlast the the sorry of the wait.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just checking when you guys said you ordered and his estimated delivery times for custom hats and he seems to be running at least a week or two late. This is still faster than many of the other custom hatters and at his prices I'd cut him a bit of slack. Still though, I am anxious to see the finished hats that you guys ordered.

fmw

One Too Many
Fair enough. I agree. It's been 2 1/2 months. I guess that isn't unreasonable in this industry. I was just feeling a little cranky when I wrote that. My apologies. I've been spoiled by some hatters, particularly Optimo. They've done 4 or 5 restorations for me and none took an entire week including shipping time. In one day out the next. I don't know how long a restoration takes. Certainly there is no felt finishing involved. But they've replaced sweat bands and liners and blocked and flanged hats for me always within a week, shipping time included. Same holds true for Henry the Hatter. Very quick service from them. I think my Buckaroo custom took about 6 weeks. At least it didn't seem like a terribly long time. I'm not an impatient person really. I just worry about things from time to time.

I promise to post images of the Falcon Park fedora the day it arrives. I'm looking forward to it. it is a silverbelly rabbit fur fedora with a teardrop crease and bound edge. I'm sure it will be a treat.

Last edited:

fmw

One Too Many
The joy and sorry of ordering anything from a small one man shop. I've ordered many items from custom shops and it seems that it always takes longer than anticipated. Hopefully the joy of owning the hat will long outlast the the sorry of the wait.

I suspect you're right about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy