Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
For a moment there I thought we had the makings for a..............

angry_mob.png

hutch

Familiar Face
I just received two hats I sent to Parker to have some work done. I had a beater Dobbs reblocked, egde binding in a similar color to the hat applied, a blue double bow ribbon put on it and the liner replaced.

Parker also reblocked a Lock & Co Homburg that had an awful taper to it due to having it sized up and he changed the ribbon with one of his "Tuxedo" ribbon treatments.

I am extremely happy with the results. It did take longer than I anticipated but I did tell him I was in no rush. Parker knew I planned on wearing the Homburg for an event and he made sure I had it back by that date. His communication through the process has been outstanding. I will definitely use his services again and I would recommend him to friends.

SgtRick

One of the Regulars
Parker is working with me on one of his creations and so far he has responded to all inquiries in a timely manner. I won't hesitate to order several more from him.

hutch

Familiar Face
Here are pics of the two previously mentioned hats Parker worked on for me:
1831311-m-0.jpg

1831310-m-0.jpg

1831309-m-0.jpg

1831308-m-0.jpg

1831307-m-0.jpg

I wore the Homburg at an event this weekend and received a lot of compliments from many people:
1831313-m-0.jpg

I am extremely happy with the results of the work Parker did on my hats!
Hutch

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Both are stunning. What did they look like before Parker worked on them?

...I have to admit I'm getting a bit restless with anticipation now (I'm really in no hurry; it's just that the excitement is mounting)...

Any good news from the rest of you?

hutch

Familiar Face
The Lock & Co Homburg had a single black bow, a nasty taper from being up-sized, and it didn't have the dents (sorry no pics). The Dobbs looked like this:
1588702-m-0.jpg

1588704-m-0.jpg

Hutch

hutch

Familiar Face
I am extremely happy with the results. It did take longer than I anticipated but I did tell him I was in no rush. Parker knew I planned on wearing the Homburg for an event and he made sure I had it back by that date. His communication through the process has been outstanding. I will definitely use his services again and I would recommend him to friends.
I was looking over my previous post and I feel I have to clarify my previous statement. The Homburg Parker re-blocked was finished within about 2 weeks. He asked me if I wanted it sent back right away but I told him to just wait and send them together. The hold up was that he was trying to locate a ribbon color I requested and that's what took the extra time. I have received a lot of compliments on both hats, especially the Dobbs so I am getting ready to send Parker two more hats for him to work on!

Last edited:

fmw

One Too Many
Ah. At last. Maybe mine will arrive soon. Let's get that camera out!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
you got it (unfortunately it was dark and rainy today, so no nice bright natural sunlight). here are a few from my "workbench" in the basement:

thefalconhaslanded01422.jpg

thefalconhaslanded01522.jpg

thefalconhaslanded01622.jpg

thefalconhaslanded01822.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Bowlerman - sweet looking hat with great proportions, I'd say well worth the wait.
That's the kind of hat I like to wear as well.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everyone! I haven't yet removed it from my head. Don't know that I will. :)
It's a slightly exaggerated version (taller crown, wider brim) of what Parker calls the "Julep."
Bone color staple felt-- very different from my sand and silverbelly hats-- much brighter.
4 3/4" creased crown-- not sure of the open height
2 1/4" overwelt brim, slight dip in front, slight cup in back, no snap.
very soft center dent with not too much on sides, no close pinch.
Ribbon is perfect dark burgundy-- don't know the ligne, but eyeing it I'd say an inch and 3/4. Nice full puffy bow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo