Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I did not know that about the bound edges. If it's any consolation, I suspect that the wear of the hat will long outlast the wait, and that you'll be very pleased with the final product.

fmw

One Too Many
I don't doubt it. At this point, I'm not in a hurry. Fur felt isn't the thing in 90 degree heat anyway. Hopefully, I'll get it before Fall.

job

One Too Many
I ordered a hat from Parker about 2 weeks after you did FMW. I was told mine should be ready in about 2 weeks or so. I would hope to see yours posted before me.

fmw

One Too Many
Bound brim? If so you could be right. If not, I'll bet we see yours before mine.

Parker did a jam up job trimming then binding the edge of my Akubra Moonstone Fed4. I call it the Akubra Wanderer...
Photo-0101.jpg

fmw

One Too Many
My Falcon fedora arrived today. Is there something truly special about it? Yes and it is the finish. I have never handled a hat finished this nicely. Admittedly, I don't have a lot of experience but I haven't seen anything like this. It is very very nice. it is rabbit fur. The color is silverbelly with a medium gray grosgrain ribbon and binding. 2 3/8" brim, teardrop crease. You should take the studio shots as the most accurate representation of the color. The outdoor shot is too warm due to having white balance adjusted for the studio strobes. Here are the images.

fp.jpg

fpup.jpg

fpinterior.jpg

fpnoggin.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Bravo! Very nice choice of colors and style. I agree with you regarding the rabbit felt finish: I've never felt anything like it. Congrats and enjoy it.

fmw

One Too Many
Thanks, Gents. I think this could be one of the great values in the world of mens' apparel. Bowler says he has the same impression about the finish of the felt. It is hard to describe. My wife said it feels like suede. I don't know enough about finishing felt to tell you what Parker does, but the result is really very unique, unlike the felt on any factory hat, vintage or current. I like the way the colors (or lack of them) worked out as well. This hat is neutral enough that it can be worn with almost anything of any color and yet the contrast of the colors make it stand out. I'll get plenty of wear out of it starting in the Fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk