Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

barrowjh

One Too Many
Nice writeup! Yes, if you live within driving distance (which is a somewhat flexible criteria) of a custom hatter you owe it to yourself to visit. I have to stay in a motel to visit Mike Moore's shop in West Tennessee; its a day's drive from East Tennessee. When business takes me to downtown Chicago I will catch a train out to the Beverly area to visit Optimo, but that only happens once every 3-5 years.

Wojo

Familiar Face
Thanks for the info Blackjack.
That just sealed the deal for me. I was considering another Optimo, but for almost 2/3's less with quality I'll take a chance and throw some business his way.
Don't get me wrong the Optimo is a fine hat, probably the best hat of my small collection IMO, but getting another would certainly test wifey's patience. If you know what I mean?

Wojo

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Don't I ever! I'm on a strict budget until at least January, I think. The best I can hope for is a couple of new dress shirts. With luck I'll have them MTM but I sure would like a new hat (and a bespoke suit and a handful of 16" square silk pocket squares and a couple of cotton neckerchiefs and some new ties and . . .)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That was a great writeup, and must have been a wonderful experience. I can't wait to get in line with Parker again, though it looks like I'm going the wrong direction with my wallet. Oy, three kids back to school, etc., etc. Might have to unload a few other lids to make room, but I'm having a hard time choosing. It so would be worth it. And I know I'm not the only one, but yes, I absolutely love the puffed out bow he made for me at my request.

Aaargh. The colder season is approaching all too quickly and daylight will soon be short-lived. I'm going to need a darker color combo sooner than later!

SgtRick

One of the Regulars
I have one of Parkers creations, the Falcon, just as it is shown on the website. It is awesome to see it in person and is my favorite hat. It would be to dangerous for me to live close to Parker.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I heard from Parker the other day; he's been looking into some lighter felt for a project I have in mind (recreating a Stetson "Kingstall" or "Trail" in a lightweight felt w/ no liner). However, three times when I emailed him back, the message bounced. Does anyone have another email for him? Or if you're talking to him on the phone/in person, please ask him to check his Inbox and make sure it isn't full.

I'd send him a PM, but I don't know his FL handle.

Wojo

Familiar Face
I just hit the "send" button on Paypal for a hat from Parker. My first thoughts after that was, "why isn't it here yet" and "what should the next one look like".

Funny before turning fifty I never really had a issue with delayed gratification.

Wojo

job

One Too Many
My new Falcon. Bone with black trimmings. Fmw, it does have a nice finish. It has little stiffener and looks and feels hand creased. It does not look machine pressed. I'm sure I could hand shape it to another look with no problem at all. Great value.
sept2011013-1-1-1.jpg
sept2011005-1.jpg
sept2011021-1.jpg
sept2011024.jpg
sept2011026.jpg
sept2011013-1.jpg

Photobucket would not save my changes. Sorry.

Last edited:

hasselhoff

One of the Regulars
This colour is really amazing and suits you real fine!!! Very nice hat Job!
How much did it cost you and how many time did it take until this beauty showed up?

-The Hoff

fmw

One Too Many
Looks great. It reminds me of my own Falcon Park fedora which is silverbelly and gray.

fp.jpg

fpnogginup.jpg

Brando11

A-List Customer
Very nice hats, gents. I haven't seen enough of his work to say he has his own signature style, but Parker certainly has a nice touch based on your two hats.

Wear them well!

job

One Too Many
Hasseloff, This hat is made of rabbit felt and was $160 to my door. It took over 5 months to arrive. I'm glad I ordered when I did. I have two more coming from Parker in a couple of weeks. These only took around two months. I guess he's catching up some.
May I add that I had my hats blocked for my long oval head and now I have leather touching my head all the way around evenly. Big improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider