Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
This rippling of the sweatband is not something I would expect in a brand new high quality hat. Am I mistaken?

sept2011026.jpg

EggHead

Practically Family
I have noticed that a number of hatters use the same type of sweatband pictured above. I think they get them from the same source, except that there is a different hattery name printed on them. I have one of them and it also ripples like that and when bent it creases as if it will tear (it does not though). I have Akubras and vintage hats and sweatbands in them look, feel different and IMO are of better quality.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I have noticed that a number of hatters use the same type of sweatband pictured above. I think they get them from the same source, except that there is a different hattery name printed on them. I have one of them and it also ripples like that and when bent it creases as if it will tear (it does not though). I have Akubras and vintage hats and sweatbands in them look, feel different and IMO are of better quality.

I have a hat with a very nice sweatband, that needed a piece of foam on each side of the hat. The sweatband looked just like that one until worn a few times.

pjt113

One of the Regulars
Hi All,

I am going to order a hat from Parker this weekend and I am leaning towards a rust color. I could use some opinions on what color ribbons to go with. Parker said navy or black would look sharp, but I'd like to know what else you've seen or what you think would look good. i want to do something a little different than a traditional look.I

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
The sweatband looked the same when I got my hat from Parker. Unlike other or older hats, however, I couldn't tell there was one ripple when I put it on my head, and without going to check, I believe the ripples are now pretty much gone. Simply my most comfortable hat.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I'm about to pull the PayPal trigger on a custom from Parker: an unlined, very lightweight recreation of the Stetson "Trail." Someone here posted a series of old Stetson ads from a Western wear store ca. 1959, and the "Kingstall" and the "Trail" caught my eye. He says he can have it for me by Christmas -- which is just about the time it'll finally get cold enough around here to enjoy wearing felts.

pjt113

One of the Regulars
Placed my order with Parker today, going with a navy ribbon but pleated instead of a bow, also getting the block form the 30's I saw earlier in this string. Plus I'm having some work don to a western Resisitol my wife gave me in the '80s, having it converted to a fedora. Being lucky enough to live in the same area I had the privilege of visiting his shop in person, what a nice man, I could have stayed and talked hats with him for hours!

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Here are some before and after shots of a Stetson Open Road 3X I sent to Parker for cleaning and a new sweat to replace a dry-rotted sweat.
KGrHqQOKjQE0jn4Z2qBNcCNQo7Sw0_12.jpg

I know the sweatband looks fine in this pics but it crumbled when handled...
KGrHqMOKkEE1vjFWJIBNcCNIVOw0_12.jpg

KGrHqUOKkEE0gKqFB-BNcCNMiUoQ0_12.jpg

After shots:
b13b39f9.jpg

bb3d3572.jpg

0d0e757e.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Here is a Stetson Bantam I fished out of the bay some time ago...
KGrHqQOKpUE1qkdgrODBNeBwpJCeQ0_12.jpg

KGrHqQOKpEE1rfzz9BNeBN6zzg0_12.jpg

KGrHqUOKo4E1rejpCDYBNeBId2gw0_12.jpg

KGrHqMOKjME1vHc4-iJBNeBwjm9BQ0_12.jpg

This thing was pretty trashed. The sweatband wasn't wearable. I sent it to Parker at Falcon Park Hattery and he did a fine job.
Here is my new Bantam...
2e0f564a.jpg

bc88d4b0.jpg

pjt113

One of the Regulars
Great news, I get my rebuild from Parker next Tuesday! Just in time for Thanksgiving. I will post pix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points