Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I love it. Having a welted edge is a bit unique. Can you show a close up of it.
Here's a closeup of the welted edge, from above:

Trail_06.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
very nice! true, you don't often see an overwelt edge on a semi-western, but that's why we have custom hatters (that as well as to make long ovals for people such as myself). you have a versatile and wearable piece that is unique, stylish, and fits great! one of a kind.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
The color it was labeled when he first sent me the color swatch file was "Sahara," but we agreed that it should be called "Camel." It is just about the color of a camel hair blazer.

I guess you're all correct; it is a good hat. I'll try wearing it some more and getting it to fit better -- even with padding, perhaps because it's so soft, it doesn't feel like a good fit. If worse comes to worst, I'll ask Parker to bash it back to open crown (I'm not confident of my skills in that department), and I'll try a modified cattleman bash, or a shallow centerdent with long side pinches, or something.

Wojo

Familiar Face
A little help please, I have one hat made by Parker and I am very happy with the quality and planning to get another. Was wondering if anyone has the one he calls "the gentleman". If so could you please post some pics?
Thanks Wojo

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Not I, but it's not the first time that color combination has caught my eye. I think it's really sharp looking (Sahara/Turftan). He said he made it to exactly match the suit a child was wearing for some kind of of important event. It's a kid's hat!

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
A little help please, I have one hat made by Parker and I am very happy with the quality and planning to get another. Was wondering if anyone has the one he calls "the gentleman". If so could you please post some pics?
Thanks Wojo

Just taking a wild guess here but the nice hat that Blackjack got kind of looks similar to the one you are talking about......

I don't know if Blackjack had the hat made to his specifications or maybe just changed a few things from "the gentlemen"....

Both nice looking hats though.....

job

One Too Many
Today I picked up my new Falcon Park custom. I got inspired by one of Rabbits customs that Art made. I don't think I would of used four colors had I not seen pics of his fedora.
This one is a c-crown in a silverbelly felt with a flat blue ribbon with a yellow accent in the knot and a gun smoke colored bound brim.

DSCN0415-1.jpg
DSCN0418-1.jpg
DSCN0432-1.jpg
DSCN0433-1.jpg

DSCN0430-1.jpg

I like the way he hides the stitches used to tack down the ribbon.
The felt has a grey hue that does not show in these outside pics.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
oww! :eusa_clap
Striking, classy.
And I also love the hidden stitches in his ribbon work, as well as the way he makes the bow puff out a little.
Nice one!

job

One Too Many
I try to have my custom hats made to look like no other production hat. Looking online I see a lot of brown on brown, black on black, and so on. I mix it up by going with taller straighter crowns and different color ribbons like blue or burgundy for example. I was a little apprehensive on this new hat. Four different colors could of come out a bit much. Have fun working with Parker and have a hat that you love and is unique.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Yea mine is going to be silver belly with a wine ribbon. My crown is going to be a handbashed C. Brim is 2 1/2 inches. I really think the wine with silver belly will look awesome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot