Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I have nothing but high praises for Parker at Falcon Park Hattery!! My new hat, The Cadence, arrived today!! Actually, this is the second time it arrived; I had Parker adjust the size a little bit, because it was a tad too wide when it first came.

So, just as everyone has said throughout this thread, this hat was WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!! :thumb:

I told him that I wanted something special; since it was a custom hat, it needed to be "big". The crown is nice and tall, so I can crease it with a proper center dent (pic below shows a diamond) without it sitting on the top of my head. The bottom welt brim spec of 2 1/8" came out perfect, exceeding my expectations. And the ribbon! Oh, the ribbon! I told him that I respected his creative talents and that I wanted him to surprise me with the bow. It came out very classy, indeed. :)

Here are the specs:

Color - Granite
Ribbon - Smoke, vintage stock, 2"
Size - 7 1/4 LO
Crown Height - 5 3/4" OC
Brim Width - 2 1/8"
Extras - underwelt w/ contrasting stitch

On with the pics...

F1310097-orig.jpg

FEE499D3-orig.jpg

341A1399-orig.jpg

E784B78E-orig.jpg

93FE48FF-orig.jpg

646584BC.jpg

95ABB11F.jpg

670018E8.jpg

m0nk

One Too Many
That is an awesome looking hat! You said the color is granite, though the pics almost look brownish... is that a lighting issue? Just want to be sure since I'm planning on getting a beaver felt in granite, once I confirm some of the final details with Parker.

RockyNomad

Familiar Face
Well, I must say, I have been looking to purchase my first fedora for over a year now. I had settled on an Akubra Federation but had not pulled the trigger yet. The color choices are ok but wasn't getting me excited. For almost the same price I could get a Falcon Park and order it exactly how I want it. I have already sent an email to get the ball rolling.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
That is an awesome looking hat! You said the color is granite, though the pics almost look brownish... is that a lighting issue? Just want to be sure since I'm planning on getting a beaver felt in granite, once I confirm some of the final details with Parker.

Yes, the felt is grey. However, an interesting characteristic of the granite felt is the natural variation in the felt itself. Under certain light you will notice a brownish marble look. It's very unique. The last picture is probably the best color reference.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Well, I must say, I have been looking to purchase my first fedora for over a year now. I had settled on an Akubra Federation but had not pulled the trigger yet. The color choices are ok but wasn't getting me excited. For almost the same price I could get a Falcon Park and order it exactly how I want it. I have already sent an email to get the ball rolling.

Be patient with Parker. He has a day job, so expect your custom hat to take a while. One of the reasons he's able to keep his prices so low. But it is worth the wait!

RockyNomad

Familiar Face
Be patient with Parker. He has a day job, so expect your custom hat to take a while. One of the reasons he's able to keep his prices so low. But it is worth the wait!
No worries. I am aware, of the timeframes, from reading all the posts. Even though his prices are very reasonable for a custom lid, or a quality production lid for that matter, it is a fair chunk of change for me. So, I'm in no rush and will take my time with the details of my order.

m0nk

One Too Many
Has anyone ordered a FP hat with a snap brim? I'm putting the final touches on a Maltese Falcon clone for myself and was leaning towards a snap brim, so that it would resemble the original movie hat. I haven't seen any of his with this style and wanted to see if anyone has one and could post a pic or two.

Thanks!

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Thank you! I'm enjoying it very much. The hat sits well on my head and it resembles the '30s style that I was going for. This rabbit felt is thick stuff! Though, it steams well and is easy to shape as I need.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Here is the hat that I had asked Parker to build off of. I think he got the brim measurements pretty close. I might curl up the edge a tad, but I'm not sure. Hope you like the side by side!

SidebySide.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran