Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
I am confident that this jacket appears somewhere in the prior 25 pages of this thread and, therefore, I apologize in advance for the duplication. That said, I was at the Reagan Library yesterday and I came across this:

IMG_5614_zps8e0dfbf4.jpg

IMG_5610_zps9888c980.jpg

My hero...guess no one goes to Camp David anymore.

atomjet58

Familiar Face
Hugh O'Brien's G-1 and Noah Beery's A-2 go to Mars in Rocketship X-M 1950.
Cameron Mitchell's G-1 and Arthur Franz B-3 in Flight to Mars 1951.
Bob Burns B-3 in Major Mars 1976.
What's the deal with Mars and flight jackets?

AustinTX

One of the Regulars
http://pacweb.alamo.edu/interactive...ldWarII/Veterans/Coggs-Bernal/bombardiers.jpg

I actually met Granville Coleridge Coggs (top row, third from the left) a couple of years ago at the San Antonio Airport. Something about him drew me to begin talking to him. He could not have been a nicer fellow (same goes for his charming wife). Coggs trained initially as a bombardier, then went to pilot training but hadn't deployed by war's end, attended Harvard Medical School after the war, and became a radiologist. Very impressive man.

Last edited:

atomjet58

Familiar Face
I remember a movie where the main character wears an A-2 for the entire film. He never takes it off.
George Raft wears one for about half of a film. I always wondered why characters in films about the navy
seem to wear A-2s a lot. Is it just bad research?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I remember a movie where the main character wears an A-2 for the entire film. He never takes it off.
George Raft wears one for about half of a film. I always wondered why characters in films about the navy
seem to wear A-2s a lot. Is it just bad research?

Accuracy is a recent, web influenced phenomenon. Most people still couldn't give a toss about it in films. Myself included most of the time. ;)

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
^ Great pic, never saw that film. Nice old S-class too.

Here's some minor celebrity wearing not-really-a-flight-jacket jacket. This jacket reminds me strongly of my IDF jacket, sort of a civilianized version of an MA-1 jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy