Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Actor David Oyelowo (from the movie, Red Tails) ≈

RED_IA_17163_R_rgb.jpg

-dixon cannon

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
I think that it is safe to say that the classic look of the flight jacket has held up rather well through the test of time. It seems to be just as popular now as it was in the early days of aviation.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Two nice and plush B3s worn by two good looking but unknown actors. ;)

6151826093_f999d528d8.jpg

PS: Don't know where the last scenes of that movie were filmed but why did the production company select such an awfully fitting (and looking) A2 replica for Sinatra? The collar looks like Dumbo's ears? At the time the movie was filmed they could have easily sourced a number of much better fitting deadstock genuine A2s...

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Actor David Oyelowo (from the movie, Red Tails) ≈

RED_IA_17163_R_rgb.jpg

-dixon cannon[/QUOTE

I think this was made by Aero. Certainly, Will said they supplied jackets for the film.

***ADMIN***
John Chapman at GOOD WEAR made these. NOT Aero (As will be shown later in the thread).

Last edited by a moderator:

Gromulus

Practically Family
Two nice and plush B3s worn by two good looking but unknown actors. ;)

PS: Don't know where the last scenes of that movie were filmed but why did the production company select such an awfully fitting (and looking) A2 replica for Sinatra? The collar looks like Dumbo's ears? At the time the movie was filmed they could have easily sourced a number of much better fitting deadstock genuine A2s...

Supposedly the A-2 Sinatra is wearing is the very same jacket worn by Bob Crane in Hogan's Heroes:

http://www.acmedepot.com/a2jacket/a2paq.shtml#TOC-14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points