Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Shoulders about 2" too wide. I wasn't going to say anything as I figure Ford can wear whatever he wants, however he wants. We have a mutual friend, and Ford is extremely anal about many things. Perhaps the A-2 fit is not one of them?
Or maybe he's right, and Fed Loungers are wrong? When it comes to modern A-2s, Ford's fit is consistent with jackets worn by USAF people.

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
royalrecipes.jpg
Came in from work and switched on the TV to catch the news. As I was about to change channel I caught sight of Michael Buerk, a BBC newsreader, on a day time TV show. He is wearing what I think is an ANJ3a.

Deacon211

One Too Many
Or maybe he's right, and Fed Loungers are wrong? When it comes to modern A-2s, Ford's fit is consistent with jackets worn by USAF people.

Very good point!

Although, I'm not sure that calling what we wear today in our unisex, one size fits all, culture "fashion" isn't a bit like confusing airline food with "cuisine". :)

Personally, I think he still would look better in the A-2 he wore in Hannover Street

3a4465d06b35a1ec3db478be4a37886a.jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

Ford's not always been known for his sterling choices in clothes. It's well known he selected a Cooper or Gibson and Barnes jacket to copy (it was in the Lucasfilm archive) over the original Raiders used Wested when building the new costume items for Last Crusade.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Ford's not always been known for his sterling choices in clothes. It's well known he selected a Cooper or Gibson and Barnes jacket to copy (it was in the Lucasfilm archive) over the original Raiders used Wested when building the new costume items for Last Crusade.
That's an interesting tidbit of info.

As an aside, it's probably time for Ford to give up his pilot's license.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy