Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fantastic Custom Shoes

~*Red*~

Practically Family
I'm not a fan of reptile skin anything, BUT, if I had the money I would gladly pay the price for handmade shoes. It's a dream of mine to have shoes made just for my feet. If I win the lottery, that's my first buy.lol

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And for the record, if they were substantially better, I'd buy the $1000 shoes.

I've had bad knees with years of therapy and bad ankle injuries in which my orthopedist said to buy the best shoes I could afford. Buy following his guidelines on what to buy and not to buy, I've stopped the turned ankles, the swollen ankles and the limping for hours on end.

Yes, I buy expensive shoes. And buy buying expensive shoes, I am not having to go under the knife and am having much less problems walking and standing during a normal day.

So, yes, I'd try the $1000 shoes if they would save me the pain and frustration of standing on my feet for hours followed by an hour or more of ice packs or having to be on crutches for the third time. :eusa_doh:

Vintage Betty

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ooo, Lady Day~ great site, thanks! Another company that offeres custom work in about that same price range on up is Amazon Dry Goods. But you have to order a cataloge. I kinda wonder if this gal does some of (or all) of the work for them?

Love your new avy too!
Nikki

Lovely Leah

Familiar Face
Vintage Betty said:
So, yes, I'd try the $1000 shoes if they would save me the pain and frustration of standing on my feet for hours followed by an hour or more of ice packs or having to be on crutches for the third time. :eusa_doh:

Vintage Betty

Betty, I agree with you about quality shoes, My shoes, similar to those in my avatar. cost at least $200.00. At least they have a vintage look to them. I can't wear anything but a low heeled oxford these days because of orthopedic issues and will continue to wear them regardless of what is the current style or fashion fad. These oxfords are very comfortable and stable.

I've used crutches after various surgeries, I am now using a cane and when I know that I may have some problems standing or walking, I use a wheelchair :( .

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
I understand they are custom, but they don't look anything special to me. I could find a lookalike pair at Macy's. (the first link)

jayem

A-List Customer
While they are gorgeous (and expensive)...

I just couldn't feel okay about wearing a dead reptile on my foot :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24