Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fantasy Vehicle

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Dad's 1956 Chevrolet BelAir original color, the Calypso Cream and Grecian Gold:
56ChevroletBelair.jpg

-dixon cannon

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I have room but I would take it even if I didn't. :p The four door flat top?
Actually it was a funeral limousine, with the extra folding jump seats, so not sure. He also had a trailer hitch and an Airstream. That was the early 90s before they became collector items. A real classy combonation!

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jamespowers, I'll tell you a little story about that Bel Air; when my Dad would drive somewhere at night, perhaps to pick up my Mom from work, I'd go along and lie on the floor of the passenger side with my head up behind the grill of the dash hump (which was intended for the radio speaker - we had no radio so the space was bare). I could peer through the grill, my legs up on the passenger seat, taking in the electronica of the back of the dash, pretending I was Alan Shepard in a Mercury Capsule. My Dad let me do it on any number of occasions without a complaint - that's no seatbelt, no protection, just a kid's wild imagination in a great vehicle. Kids these days will never have that kind of fantasy ride, what with our nanny-state regulations. Maybe it's for the better, but I'll tell you this - everytime I lay on the floor of my Prius with my head stuck up behind the glovebox, I think of the wonderous nighttime ride with my Dad in my fantasy vehicle! (LOL) [My head wouldn't even fit behind a Prius dash, nor my legs on the seat!]

-dixon cannon

Jamespowers, I'll tell you a little story about that Bel Air; when my Dad would drive somewhere at night, perhaps to pick up my Mom from work, I'd go along and lie on the floor of the passenger side with my head up behind the grill of the dash hump (which was intended for the radio speaker - we had no radio so the space was bare). I could peer through the grill, my legs up on the passenger seat, taking in the electronica of the back of the dash, pretending I was Alan Shepard in a Mercury Capsule. My Dad let me do it on any number of occasions without a complaint - that's no seatbelt, no protection, just a kid's wild imagination in a great vehicle. Kids these days will never have that kind of fantasy ride, what with our nanny-state regulations. Maybe it's for the better, but I'll tell you this - everytime I lay on the floor of my Prius with my head stuck up behind the glovebox, I think of the wonderous nighttime ride with my Dad in my fantasy vehicle! (LOL) [My head wouldn't even fit behind a Prius dash, nor my legs on the seat!]

-dixon cannon

That is a great story! I know exactly how that would work too. :p That reminds me that I have to get my 55 chevy's radio fixed. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Yes I have a streetrod, but it doesn't ride like this...
This would be my dreamcar, and while some are in my price range, I have nowhere to keep it.
I drove one in the early 90's, that a friend took on a trade (car dealer), and I was in love. Unfortunately I didn't have the money then, and it was lemon yellow inside and out. :eeek:
I'd take a triple black, or Ivy Moondust which is a green.
markiii.jpg

Last edited:
Now that's my kinda car. Luxury is the way to go.

Yes I have a streetrod, but it doesn't ride like this...
This would be my dreamcar, and while some are in my price range, I have nowhere to keep it.
I drove one in the early 90's, that a friend took on a trade (car dealer), and I was in love. Unfortunately I didn't have the money then, and it was lemon yellow inside and out. :eeek:
I'd take a triple black, or Ivy Moondust which is a green.
markiii.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
He knew luxury too. :D
Yes Tom luxury IS the way to go.
The one I drove just floated down the road, and for it's time, it was VERY quiet.
Again, I wish I had the money back then, but since it was yellow I wasn't "into" it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner