Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite bash or crease

Favorite bash

• Total voters

FRANKIE

New in Town
Well, it looks like I'm not allowed to vote in the poll until I have more posts, but if I could I'd vote for the porkpie. Similarly to Bart, I prefer it dry, home made and a bit sloppy, like all my creases for that matter.

Mike K.

One Too Many
I wish that I could've voted for more than just one bash. My favorites are actually the center dent (for my safari and Panama hats) and either the c-crown or diamond (for dress felt hats).

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I voted for the diamond which is probably my favorite, but I like teardrops too. I thought a teardrop and a C crown were about the same thing?

RBH

Bartender
Its funny.. I love the diamond now.
And really like the center dent, on a tall crown hat.

But when I was a kid I thought a center dent was only in
panamas and safari hats.
AND panamas and safari hats were not fedoras!!!!

My grand dads hats all had a c-crown in them AND THEY WERE FEDORAS !
So I thought if a hat had a c-crown it had to be a fedora.... I just never saw one with any other type crease. TTL [Till The Lounge].
Well you live and learn!!! :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I couldn't commit to one pick. Some of my hats just call for a C-Crown, others a Diamond, others still seem to want to be Center-Dent. And my favorite Open Road surprised me when I fell for the Cattleman's Crease. I'm glad I kept it that way rather than re-bashing it.

I will say that I tended earlier on in my collecting to always put a C-Crown shape (rough and crinkly - love that) in all my fedoras. It has taken me until more recently to really appreciate the classic charm of the Center-Dent and I've been going with for more hats lately.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
All of my hats end up in a Diamond!

Dobbs.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
I voted for centerdent, but I like porkpie and c-crown/teardrop too... and I do not dislike diamond.

For me it depends. Some hats look better (to me) with certain bashes. Taper, dimensions, material, all play a part.

I agree hand-bashing some styles is more difficult, specially if you do it "dry" and if you want a neat, trim result.

Different bashes allow for different looks too. Center dent without pinch, or centerdent with side creases look more formal to me. Porkpie look more casual. So you can choose depending on your mood or on the occassion or on the clothes you plan to wear.

BTW, I would say what differences teardrop from c-crown is that the former has a dome, and the latter a hollow?

Daniel

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
CENTERDENT

I Love tall Crowns and a centerdent best showes them off.
on shorter crowns I go with a "C" Crown
Sorry I've been away so long:eek: :eek:

animator

One of the Regulars
I really like teardrop/c-crown but I think a diamond crease adds a bit more character to a hat. Gotta go with diamond for my favorite... then c-crown for a more dressed up hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24