Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Non Red Lipstick Shades

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
My "everyday" shade that I use for outfits that can't handle red is Mac's COSMO. It is a pink that has a slightly natural look to it. Has a little more gloss than I normal wear and I sometimes lightly powder it. Definitely wears differently than it looks, worth a try-on the next time you're at the MAC counter.

COSMO at MAC

candy_noir

New in Town
lolly_loisides said:
Well it must be a great colour because I'm the third to recommend Revlons Fabulous Fig - and it is fabulous!

Love this one!! Wish Revlon would extend their matte line*sigh*

I also like Revlon's Rose n Shine. It's my lips but just a tad bit darker.

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
My default non-red shade is purplish or burgundy. I like MAC's "Dark Side," "Rebel," and "Media."

I've never particularly cared for most pink shades on me, and corals or anything with too much orange is very unflattering with my skin...

On no-lipstick days, I favour a swipe of Carmex. :rolleyes:

Lillemor

One Too Many
I've shocked myself. I've bought a nearly nude lipstick out of curiosity and I really like it on me. Rimmel 100 Dreamy. The small Matas in Gilleleje didn't have Rimmel 700 Nude Delight or 018 Provocative. I just want to try lighter peachy tones that aren't too orange.

Coral is still my favorite choice and I'm suddenly set on getting a deep fucshia (not too pink) lipstick
img-thing

for the first time in 25 years. I think it'll suit my summer complexion that naturally deepens at the first sight of sun rays even with high SPF. But there are days where my complexion is so flawed that either lipbalm alone or a light lipstick with dramatic eyes is the best choice.

Avalon

A-List Customer
Mom was cleaning out her lippies and gave me a L'Oreal Colour Riche in Seafleur. It's a bright fuschia with a hint of iridescence - the moment I put it on I fell in love.

6h7voi.png

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My daily lipstitck is Besame debutante pink. It's a bit lighter than I'd like, but unlike the other Besame lip colors, it's very moisturizing and doesn't feather without a lip liner.

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
I really like Mac's Viva Glam III. It reminds me of the color Rose wore in Titanic. It is kinda a deep rusty rose. That is my thought anyways...

cadere

New in Town
187933_l.jpg

Revlon Super Lustrous in Amethyst Shell
I find it stops my lips getting all "bitty" (does anyone else's do that?)

40'sfetish

Familiar Face
My fave colour of all time would have to be Avon Shine Divine Plum Glaze. It's a sheer but layering deepens it, it's not sticky and it stays on pretty well. It has also been discontinued for some time and I'm finally on my last one after buying up all the sale stock I could get my hands on. I have never found another shade like it.

All my favourites get discontinued...I have a mid pink Revlon, don't know the name but it's no. 817 which I love and again...discontinued.

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
I'm a big fan of Revlon's Kiss Me Coral, for pinks I love Revlon's Persian Melon, it's soo bright, or MAC's Pink Plaid, for a nude lip I love GOSH's Darling

Puzzicato

One Too Many
There are colours other than red? Who knew?

If I am not wearing red lipstick, it's more likely to be lipbalm or a neutral gloss, or very, very occasionally Clinique Long Last lipstick in Beauty, which is like my lips but better.

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
My favorite non-red is YSL's Fuchsia Pink, which I actually happen to have on right now! I also really loved the color of Besame's Wild Orchid, though the formula wasn't my favorite.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
I have a YSL lipstick I love, but it's a small one that came with a gift thing and half of the number has rubbed off so I don't know what shade it is. It's a rouge personnel and the number ends in 1. Can't see the first number.
It's like a brownish pink type of shade. Very pretty and it's almost finished! :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner