Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Saying?

this one guy

Familiar Face
"We come into this world crying while all around us are smiling. May we so live that we go out of this world smiling while everybody around us is weeping." - Persian proverb

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics." - Albert Einstein

Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." - Jim Horning

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
"Life is like a hotel. You check in, you check out... And sometimes, you may check out a little early, but... every vacation has to end at somepoint... right?" ~ Hopefully me. Just made it up while I was listening to some old music!

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
"Life is like a hotel. You check in, you check out... And sometimes, you may check out a little early, but... every vacation has to end at somepoint... right?" ~ Hopefully me. Just made it up while I was listening to some old music!

Good morning Splinter,kind of like the Eagles song "Hotel California"you can check in but never check out

this one guy

Familiar Face
"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

"I think it would be a good idea." - Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization < OUCH! >

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

"During my eighty-seven years I have witnessed a whole succession of technological revolutions. But none of them has done away with the need for character in the individual or the ability to think." Bernard Baruch

"We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time." - Vince Lombardi

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
My favourite saying:

'A time lost in time'

Meaning no matter what you read, how you dress or how you try to recreate the past, it is gone and will never be the same again.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I collect sayings. I love them. Most of my favorites cannot be posted in polite company, but a few can. Here’s some that came from my grandfather, via my father. As you can tell, my granddad lived in a time when a man was often judged by how well he provided for his family and by the quality of work he produced.

---A problem well defined is half solved.

---Nothing is more difficult than trying to do a job that you don't know how to do...unless it is trying to do a job that you don't have the tools to do.

---The hardest job in the world is trying to look busy.

---I am ever amazed at the effort some people will exert to keep from having to work for a living. If they would work as hard at working as they do at not working, they'd millionairs.

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ