Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Saying?

this one guy

Familiar Face
"Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped." - African proverb

"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." - Mary Pickford

"It is not how old you are, but how you are old." - Jules Renard

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies." - Voltaire on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.

"Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints." :mad:

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Saw this the other day and thought it was funny:

Ignorance is bliss until you wake up in a train wreck with your face on fire.

Also:

Don't try to lay that boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll
- Long John Baldry

HepKitty

One Too Many
My favorite Einstein quote,
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.
And I'm not so sure about the former."

I'm also a Jefferson fan....

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

And Thomas Paine (must be the Deist in me)
Every man has the right to his opinion,however different that opinion might be to mine. He who denies to another this right,makes a slave of himself to his present opnion,because he precludes himself the right of changing it.

All excellent quotes!

I have a lot of favorites, sorry

For the gentlemen on the board

"Being male is a matter of birth. Being a man is a matter of age. But being a gentleman is a matter of choice"

and in no particular order:

A man grows most tired while standing still. -Chinese Proverb

"Everything happens for a reason, people change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they're right, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can come together." ~ Marilyn Monroe

"I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing" Mae West

"Wit is educated insolence" Aristotle

“We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams” anonymous

"the only sin is to die, without having truly lived" Nick13 Tiger Army

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving" Lao Tzu

"A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave. " Gandhi

"If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path." Buddhist quote

"if you live with pain in your heart, you cannot move on" - Vietnamese girl on Sam Brown's Asia

In those days the best painkiller was ice; it wasn't addictive and it was particularly effective if you poured some whiskey over it. ~ Gracie Allen

Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you. ~ Oscar Wilde

and for you Real Swell Gal

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” ― Isaac Asimov

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
"A penny saved, is a penny earned".....Ben Franklin....

"Here's mud in your eye"...(toast author unknown, but some connect it to a healing spoke of in the Bible by Jesus).

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
My favorite saying? I don't know...

this one, which is very common.......... sometimes truth is found in common things

"It Is What It Is"

ain't that the truth too

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Anyone see a pattern emerging...

- A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself.
- You're not dying. You just can't think of anything good to do!
- Be a man, take some Pepto-Bismol, and get dressed!
- How can I possibly be expected to handle ______ on a day like this?
- Life moves pretty fast. If you don't look around once and a while you'll miss it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk