Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Saying?

DesertDan

One Too Many
Some of my faves:

“The deeper you go into the forest the more things there are to eat your horse.”

“Don’t put yourself into a situation that is going to put you into a situation.”

"Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must." - Goethe

“TANSTAAFL (There Ain’t No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)” – R. Heinlein

“Rights are inherent, universal, eternal and absolute; existence is conditional, parochial, temporary and relative. There's a right to self-defense, and a right to self-develop; but existence itself is an achievement, not a given. Like a driver's license, existence is a privilege, not a right.”

“When given only a choice between two evils chose the one you haven’t tried yet.”

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

“Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can't feel a battle
in your bones or foresee a fight.” - The Hávamál

“He who does not punish evil commands it to be done.” - Leonardo da Vinci

"Life brings both sorrows and joys alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." - T. Roosevelt

“Paranoia is a term that delusional people use in a derogatory fashion to describe those better prepared than themselves.”

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Wow.

“Paranoia is a term that delusional people use in a derogatory fashion to describe those better prepared than themselves.”

That's goin' on a T-shirt or two.

Later

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer

That's funny, my paranoid schizophrenic ex fiance used to say that when he was ranting about the govt coming after him. He was both paranoid and delusional.

"If you're not outraged you're not paying attention."

I'm trying not to, but even here at the FL, it's everywhere, things to outrage.

Hobart Arms

New in Town
One of my favorites which I believe came from a Bogart film "Things seem a little tilt"

I also love this one my friends grandfather from mexico shared with us "I was sad I had no shoes, until I met the man with no feet."

Hi All
This is a fun thread so lets keep it alive.

I was at MY FAVORITE WATERING HOLE today and hence I had a drink with an older gentleman (75 YO) we were recalling some passed lady friends of our younger days.

He used the term GAMS. Need I say more.

So let me add.. WATERING HOLE and GAMS. LOL
BEST REGARDS.
ccj

this one guy

Familiar Face
Here's one to go into the new year with, and beyond:

"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Bessie Stanley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch