Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FCL Fit Question Round 2

Jroddious

New in Town
I’m back at it, this time with the FCL Leon. This one doesn’t have the cut off epaulettes and snaps which is one of the reasons why I really like this jacket. I tried the Edward in a 44 but it was far to big. The guys at Rivet and Hide thought a 44 in the Leon might be the way to go. I think the jacket fits well and looks good. I have good movement in it as well, which I think will get even better as the jacket breaks in. What do you all think of the fit? I definitely can’t go any smaller and I think any bigger will look sloppy. I really like it but if I look like a tool let me know.
696888AE-7728-4CAF-A279-477AB9E3D17B.jpeg
71BCF276-D605-40C5-8579-6613D5337D5D.jpeg
F7A69889-5DA5-4312-AB94-A0D1FECA3E01.jpeg
EDB4D9DF-AEC6-46F6-A25F-C8A8732C2402.jpeg

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Looks good, fits well. I was underwhelmed when I first got my FCL Leon as it looked so flat, but wait until it’s starts to get worn in and age (which it will do fast) and it will start to look phenomenally cool.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
To me it looks very good open, but it looks a bit tight in the chest and shoulders when closed.
If you can deal with the comfort level closed or plan to wear it open i think you have yourself a winner.
The back is iMO much too long for that style, but that's how FCL does it, it doesn't look bad, it just doesn't look right.
Overall i think it fits you much better than round 1.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’m back at it, this time with the FCL Leon. This one doesn’t have the cut off epaulettes and snaps which is one of the reasons why I really like this jacket. I tried the Edward in a 44 but it was far to big. The guys at Rivet and Hide thought a 44 in the Leon might be the way to go. I think the jacket fits well and looks good. I have good movement in it as well, which I think will get even better as the jacket breaks in. What do you all think of the fit? I definitely can’t go any smaller and I think any bigger will look sloppy. I really like it but if I look like a tool let me know. View attachment 326074 View attachment 326075 View attachment 326076 View attachment 326077

1 inch too long for my taste.
Does the jacket stretch a little over the chest?
But otherwise it looks useful.

Peacoat

Bartender
As Carlos said, it looks a little tight in the chest, but the only thing that matters is how it feels on you. I would like to see the body an inch or so shorter. I ride, and don't like a jacket that makes it difficult to get to my rear pocket.

Jroddious

New in Town
Thanks for the replies, I think this one is a keeper. It is a touch longer than I'm used to in this style, I had an Aero Ridley which was much more traditional in the length, but I have apes on my bike and when I would ride the jacket would come up on my stomach and back which was irritating and looked goofy. I sat on my bike with this one and it rides nice. It is a touch snug in the chest. Will it stretch a bit as it breaks in?

A bit too long & there's that odd pulling across the chest. And no, it won't stretch. Not even a little bit.

It's a nice jacket but definitely doesn't look like you paid a lot of money for it. Which you have. What I'm saying here, it's not perfect. Something I'd expect comes guaranteed with such a price tag. Dunno whether you care or not, it certainly doesn't look bad and you can wear it and not give a damn but then again, in that case, you wouldn't have went with a high-end maker.

If you want my advice, try some other styles or go custom.

Mich486

One Too Many
As soon as the brown will poke through and the leather conforms to your body this is gonna look killer. If I were set on this jacket style I’d keep this one.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's a nice jacket but definitely doesn't look like you paid a lot of money for it. Which you have. What I'm saying here, it's not perfect. Something I'd expect comes guaranteed with such a price tag.
This sums up my feelings much better than I could have myself. I will say that I too own jackets that meet this criteria and I am quite fond of a couple of them.
If it fits just how you want I would keep it. If not then I would get rid of it and buy something else.

It is longer than typical for the style but I don’t find it too much so. A bit like some Vansons, the Derby and Left Field collab come to mind. It’s FAR better than the other jacket, that’s for sure. I think with wear it will look much, much better. It’s funny how smooth the leather is new... compared to what they portray on IG and their own website.
I would say if it feels right then it’s a keeper for sure!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I like it. Looks very plain, so the truth will be in the break in. By what I have seen so far, aging is rather spectacular with FCL. If it feels right, I wouldn’t worry about length etc.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Like it. If you’re looking for perfect (a fools errand) you’ll have to go custom and it is still not guaranteed. If it’s comfortable and you like it that’s all that matters.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Perfect fit, and the sleeves are the right length. I think the Leon is too long personally but that’s the style of the jacket.

willyto

One Too Many
In my opinion the chest looks way too tight with the leather pulling and you're only wearing a tee.

Regarding the lenght, well personally I don't like it for the style but it's your choice.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The chest looks WAY too tight when zipped up. I think it looks ok when open, but does not look good at all when zipped. I also think it's too long.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
congrats
looks great worn open, and perfect if you wear your shirt untucked like pictured.
when zipped like others have said, it looks a bit tight on the chest but a bit boxy on the waist, but I have a feeling once the waist creases then the whole body will have lots of creases and I already like that sleeve creases, it the same thing going with the torso then I think it looks cool.

hopefully you don't carry your wallet on the back pocket though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB