Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FDR's Japanese Concentration Camps (jacket content)

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
An amazing set of photos from Dorothea Lange. Not just for the period content, but also as a reminder of a terrible thing that happened in that time and can happen again.

https://anchoreditions.com/blog/dorothea-lange-censored-photographs

lange.jpeg

willyto

One Too Many
A very sad picture and reminder of the sad history of japanese in the US but with tree fantastic leather jackets and cool hats by the men in the family.

It's a very famous picture that is shared from time to time because of the father's leather jacket and the little kid. You can barely see the other cross zip of the big boy but it seems to be the same as the father.

I'm asuming they're a family though.

That's basically how I wear my leather jackets, dress trousers with shirt and tie and a flat cap or hat.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Specifically in the case of the internment of Japanese Americans, whilst it is shameful, let's not get some context.
A couple of Japanese Americans attempted to assist downed Japanese airman at Pearl Harbor, an action which no doubt impacted on determining whether Japanese Americans primarily identified as Japanese rather than American.
And let's not forget how the Japanese treated its citizens of the empire- genocide. It makes internment look very benign.
I guess the difference is that we are ashamed of internment, the Japanese still deny genocide.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The jacket in the photo, who (non-Japanese makes) offers it these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner