Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Features on Men

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Back to the Features

Oh that SCENT....it really doesn't matter so much what cologne, those pheromones that are the proper connect to mine overpower me and make me swoon.
But first look impressions.....
Mischevious brown eyes
A devilish grin
Tall is a must! I am 5'7 so I like at least 6 feet tall
Thick hair
Brains
Good Manners
Compatible life outlook

The icing:
Sings to me (and sounds great)
Enjoys the pleasures of life as much as I do
Spends lots of time with me
Let's me be as high maintenance as I need when I can't control it any more

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
I'm going, I'm going...

partial:
mysterygal said:
Dis, I read a book called, 'Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus' just for fun once,

I'm a fairly old, twice married man and a widower with many Woman friends, some dating back to the 50s and 60s and none romantic now and a few never so.

Here's the straight Skinny; the book should be titled, Women are from Venus, Men are Strictly from Hunger. :drum:

CIAO

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
books

the 5 love languages is awesome....it was very eye opening to us when we read it together...I truly believe every married couple should read that book and another one, which we're doing right now in our marriage group, called, 'Love Life, for every married couple' by Ed Wheat. Those two book literally changed me and my husbands marriage...we we're on the brink of divorce and a couple of friends handed these two books to us and really gave us great insights to each other and also helped to see what a marriage should look like...we now recommend these books to our friends and they all love them as well.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Oh, I’ve had crushes on so many actors from the Golden Age. Common themes seem to be a gorgeous voice, wry sense of humor, intelligence, respect for women (well, most of them had this anyway!), and great taste in clothes.

To name names, Joseph Cotten was my front runner for a long time; so many movies I enjoyed—Shadow of a Doubt, Since You Went Away, Portrait of Jennie, The Third Man. I’d have killed to have seen him with Hepburn and Heflin in The Philadelphia Story on stage. His voice and Orson Welles’ voice just make me melt. William Powell and Cary Grant rate high with me; they always seemed like they’d be fun to be around, mischievous but safe. On the other hand, I wouldn’t trust Errol Flynn as far as I could throw him, but I bet he could have shown a girl a great time.

My latest crush isn’t from the Golden Age, but he dressed like he was for awhile; Rupert Giles from Buffy. He fits all my common themes and gets extra points for having been a librarian (with a British accent--swoon!).

jc16.jpg

WPrtrait3.jpg

port19.jpg

GILES1.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
When I saw "It Happened One Night" for the first time, when I was about fifteen, I developed a terrible crush on Clark Gable -- not even so much the looks, but the whole sardonic personality thing he had going in that picture. Twenty-odd years after that, I saw "Oh Brother Where Art Thou," and found myself thinking the same kinds of thoughts about George Clooney for the same reason.

So I guess for me, it's a certain -- insouciance that catches my attention before anything else. A guy who can see the absurdity of life and isn't afraid to tell off the blowhards of the world to their faces. Part of me finds that extremely attractive.

And yet, I don't know if I could *live* with someone like that. Part of me would much rather settle down with a nice, clean-cut, straight-arrow kind of guy who you could really count on, somebody who took responsibilities seriously and you could always trust to do the right thing -- a 1930s-Jimmy Stewart type.

Hmmm. A combination of Clark Gable and Jimmy Stewart. Could such a being ever actually exist????

JoyfulGirl

New in Town
Ooooo. Clark Gable. I've had a girlish crush on Clark Gable for many many years. How can you not swoon for Rhett Butler? LizzieMaine, I think you might have just summed up the perfect guy! A Jimmy Gable! However, I would have to insist that he keeps his witty and sarcastic comments - those are necessary. :)

I'm a sucker for nice eyes and smile. I also tend to like men tall and slightly rumpled looking. A bit of a beard and tossled hair is very attractive to me. A rumpled suit - not so much. Though, even if the guy was as attractive as a mailbox, if he can consistently make me laugh so hard I can't breathe I'm a goner.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
First of all a man has to be respectfull and lovely to me. I had many cases where this wasn´t the case and learned my lesson from it. I got to admit that hair and eye-colour doen´t matter as long as he has freckles. Every man I ever fell in love for had freckles plus a sexy mouth. Also he has to have a sense of humour cause I´m a crazy girl myself sometimes. He has to share at least some of my interests.

Thank god I found him now. He´s my true soulmate. I hope we´ll get a lot of children that look and are just like him :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy