Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Club Tie -Poll Added, Options on 1st Post.

What color sceme/style should be used for the Fedora Lounge Club Tie?

• A: Yellow-Gold/Grey-Blue on Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B: Red & Yellow Pinstripes on Black

• C: Blue & Yellow Pinstripes on Black

• D: Bold Red & Yellow on Black

• E: Deco Blues

• F: Neat Pattern

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rongoms

Familiar Face
great idea Indy!

I'm totally on-board with this. Our Pipe band just got new ties to go with the waistcoats and they did a colour logo offset at the bottom along with the jaquard and they only cost us $50 USD. (qty 100)

and you'll have to forgive me, but i'm married to an intellectual property lawyer: Has anyone asked MK about this? I'd imagine the logo is trademarked. (or it had better be) It'd be the proper thing to do......

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think something woven and similar to the Churchill tie with a silhouette of the Fedora Lounge logo would be nice:

big_353(main).jpg

Also the Adam Smith tie provides good inspiration of the style:

LI2.jpg

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
rongoms said:
...and they only cost us $50 USD. (qty 100)

Has anyone asked MK about this? I'd imagine the logo is trademarked...

As I said in my first post, these ties will most likely only be $40 (shipping included) and I have spoken to MK about this. He loves the idea and won't proceed without his final approval of the design.

Alan, the Adam Smith tie is a good example of how to work in a repeating logo tastefully. Thanks for the image.

Kind regards,
Indy

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
AlanC said:
I think something woven and similar to the Churchill tie with a silhouette of the Fedora Lounge logo would be nice:

big_353(main).jpg

LI2.jpg

I would be interested in one of the traditional stripes with single logo or one of these two. I like the second tie in these images a little more, unless the "fedora guy" was out of his circle, a hundred circles filling a tie doesn't attract me.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Perhaps if he were related to Pinnochio. Looks like he told a few lies.

On a side note, there is a tie you SHOULD be making. One with Afred Hitchcock's silhouette.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Yes yes and yes

AlanC said:

big_353(main).jpg

LI2.jpg

All of the above of Allan's but I like the regimental style second alternative too....

The price is also right!

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Count me in. First choice would be the striped design. Second choice would be striped with a single logo.

BuddyJ

One of the Regulars
I love the regimental stripe idea. A single usage of the "fedora guy" logo would work for me, either centered or offset. I'd hope the tie wouldn't have too much of a black background. Black ties are so... black:( . Maybe a dark blue, silver and gold? Just a thought. In any case, I'll be in for one when they're put into production.

Flying Scotsman

One of the Regulars
Probably waaaaay too pricey to do, but...I have a bunch of ties (paisleys, mostly) that have a pattern embedded in the weave, like a watermark. I think it's a version of a Moire' fabric, but with a definite design to it (leaves, paisleys, etc.).

Just to think out of the box...perhaps that could be used in some way underneath a simpler stripe or something? Dunno, just thinking out loud...

Jovan

Suspended
Re: a lot of black -- I agree with another poster in that you shouldn't use too much. I'll go on a limb and say that just the gold and indigo (?) tones would work well.

Any chances of having a straight, 2.75-3.25" wide? :D

*gets booed off stage by general FL populace*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy