Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Features - Report from Aero Leather Trade Week - By Craig Brown

wdw

One Too Many
Really interesting article, Sloan, and all the better that it's written by an enthusiast for enthusiasts. It certainly gives a lot of food for thought.

Well done on such a good job.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I didn't see the maxwell displayed, was that model cut? That one was growing on me.

I didn't see it and it wasn't listed among the literature. I'm sure Holly can answer that question.

The Aero Maxwell is a new design that is available through Insurrection/Thurston Bros. We love the jacket and it has been an incredible hit so far!

Last edited:

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks so much for the write-up Craig! I do feel like a kid right before Christmas! We couldn't be there at the Trade Week, but thanks to you we got to share in some of the excitement. So many styles to drool over . . . the wool and leather combos look outstanding! And the two-tone Dustbowl, hey did I mention to anyone it's my birthday on Monday? lol

ca4b03733de6736b6e2528ff38e92b6c.jpg

6486094843d18c5ed0f1e3a7959bfd45.jpg

f7e2f2839ad521336911f50041acb139.jpg

a3d484f6f6a05b619553a5af5028dee8.jpg

Some nice new Aero designs. Tempting!
Here's another pic from the Fan Page...

What also caught my eye was the plaque hanging on the wall to the right of pic that I carved and engraved for the Aero 20th Anniversary about ten years ago. What a surprise!
HD

Cooperson

One Too Many
Ecellent review, thank you! So good to see Aero's new designs at long last! Difficult to choose a favourite yet, but I do like the look of both the Dustbowl and Speedway. Would like to see some close up pics of the hides.

Could be an expensive time for many here!

D

Deleted member 16736

Thank you for this great thread, and thanks to Aero for digging deep and doing a great job bringing new, fresh designs into their line-up. They knocked the cover off the ball as we say in the States. I am enthralled they re-made the Original Hercules. This is a stitch for stitch recreation of the original. Even the side buckle is the same. And the French seams are a thing of beauty. I will be getting this one and possibly the Thunder Bay, too.

Question for Sloan: is the Original Herc and Thunder Bay done in black FQHH? I especially love the grain on the Herc.

Last edited by a moderator:

garzo

One of the Regulars
Yes, great write-up! What a dream gig you landed!

All beautiful looking jackets. It seems most of the models are longer than Aero's previous jackets, no? Most look like they go well below the belt. Are we seeing a trend moving away from the short waist-length jackets?

Also, is that late WWII Irvin based on an authentic vintage model? Is the Union Jack stitching design intentional?

The Dustbowl and Sunburst are fantastic; the latter recalls Schott's recent vintage recreation, the Schott Sunset jacket.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
@Garzo: It could be that we're shorter than the standard model! My Dustbowl is a 38, tends to be where Aero start with sample sizes, and it's the perfect length for me, though I imagine the actual 36 would be slightly shorter. The WWII is absolutely based on an authentic model - it's loitering among the dummies. I actually didn't notice the Union Jacket thing, but I think the layout of the panels will vary.

@Joel, yup they are both done in black FQHH. The waist section detail on the OH is particularly nice - very similar to my DB.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Great to see you're all enjoying the new styles! They'll be on the website with full pics and descriptions approx. 4pm GMT today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo