Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Features - Report from Aero Leather Trade Week - By Craig Brown

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Thanks, Craig/Sloan. Admirable feature. (Should we all club together and buy Sloan a jacket -- or at least a wasitcoat?) Really doing it for me:

- The Aeromarine (but I want it with handwarmer pockets -- possible?)
- The Mulligan
- The Speedway
- The Shackleton

So we're looking at about £1,500 here. Oh oh.

SJ

majormajor

One Too Many
Excellent write-up, Craig. Everything I expected it to be, and more.

I saw 'em all last week, and tried a few of them on, but still great to have written details.

Ken certainly seemed a very happy man when I chatted to him. Good to have it confirmed.

And congrats on the Dustbowl. I eyed that one up - the hide is fabulous.:D;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
@Dav Gawd, don't ask. Couldn't resist the Irvin so that's something to look forward later this year (though probably my bank manager probably doesn't feel the same...)

Thank you gentlemen. Hell, I'm not a waistcoat type of guy, but even I was tempted by the Shackleton. It does have that authentic Edwardian feel, and really is a practical item.

Last edited:

pipvh

Practically Family
Fantastic work, Sloan/Craig! Great feature on Ken in the Scotsman as well. Suzi Quatro's leathers? Incredible...

I think the Mulligan is the jacket I've been waiting for, but then there's the Cropduster, the Hudson, the Dustbowl... Aero have really hit it.

Plumbline

One Too Many
Good review Craig and interesting insight ... the new direction is certainly vintage and some great food for thought. I'm liking the battered horsehide ( but then being Glaswegian I like most things battered :) )

cheers

majormajor

One Too Many
The Aero Maxwell is a new design that is available through Insurrection/Thurston Bros. We love the jacket and it has been an incredible hit so far!

The Maxwell appears to be, basically, a Teamster, without the front yoke seams. But an excellent jacket. I hope Aero might make a few for UK/european customers:D;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Craig/Sloan. Admirable feature. (Should we all club together and buy Sloan a jacket -- or at least a wasitcoat?) Really doing it for me:

- The Aeromarine (but I want it with handwarmer pockets -- possible?)
- The Mulligan
- The Speedway
- The Shackleton

So we're looking at about £1,500 here. Oh oh.

SJ

Ooh, modifications? Given what Ken said in the Q&A, I'm not sure about that ;) what I didn't drop into the piece, just because the photo came out a bit wobbly (I may just post it up anyway), but Ken showed me what he described as 'the worst Aero ever'. It was a Winward, with a mandarin collar and extraneous panels and details. It was an ugly, ugly thing. Luckily for the guy it was mis-labelled, so he's got a nice new normal jacket.

majormajor

One Too Many
Here's another new one:

style19.jpg

;):D

schitzo

Suspended
Feeling pretty pleased with myself for putting in another order before these dropped :D

I for one more, am definitely looking forward to seeing the back of this Speedway.

Have just seen there are pics of a black pioneer on FB, which is a relief. I'lll want mine in cherry or cordovan

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo