Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Features - Report from Aero Leather Trade Week - By Craig Brown

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I think that it's in keeping Bret, but simply paler jackets don't do it for me (you'd be reaching for leather cleaner almost immediately and it'd look grubby - not patinated, grubby! in no time). The first spill of blackcurrant juice from your kids on a day out and you'd be in tears...

:lol: I couldn't agree more

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I've had a fashion cafe racer in a soft cream leather for 10 years and it's still in good nick, but I take your point. God knows how they manage to make Ribena so sticky...

Oh man this one looks good! And I'm going to look at Harley's this weekend... :)

style19.jpg

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
The Aeromarine is available in a few colours, I understand the cream hide isn't to everyone's tastes, so I'll note that and make sure we update to show photos of the battered brown too!

Scratch that, scroll away and its there in brown as well! Rachel is one step ahead of me :)

The Aeromarine is available in a few colours, I understand the cream hide isn't to everyone's tastes, so I'll note that and make sure we update to show photos of the battered brown too!Scratch that, scroll away and its there in brown as well! Rachel is one step ahead of me :)
I see the Dustbowl is offered in Jerky HH. Do you have any pics of one???

So...I saw the last post on the thurston thread. Mostly small sizes. Is that it or just what they have? If so, the big guys are SOL with the new models... :(

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
I see the Dustbowl is offered in Jerky HH. Do you have any pics of one???

I'm not sure one has been made in this leather yet, I'll check Monday.

Re: sizing, these are the test patterns we've made. They will be sent away for grading (this is much more speedy than us grading them ourselves) ASAP, by the time wait time is up the full range of sizes will be available.

I'm not sure one has been made in this leather yet, I'll check Monday.Re: sizing, these are the test patterns we've made. They will be sent away for grading (this is much more speedy than us grading them ourselves) ASAP, by the time wait time is up the full range of sizes will be available.
Thanks Holly! Appreciate the info. Now, go enjoy your weekend :)

InsOma

New in Town
Congrats on the new line! It must represent a LOT of work and time spent designing. 16 at once, wow! I'm glad to see there are new versions of the notorious side adjustment straps. Personally, I'm drawn a bit towards the Northeaster, as I already have a shorter jacket (HWM), but all of the new patterns are pretty cool, and I like the introduction of different hide options as well. I find myself intrigued by the Japanese hides, as I have some experience with Japan and the Japanese, and the cultural tendency in that part of the world to perfect certain things beyond all expectations would seemingly make for some impressive leather. . .

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'll be straight guys. My shinki jacket was, as far as I'm aware, a one-off made by Ken himself as a pre-production Dustbowl. Shall I open the bidding...? Just kidding, this is a stone-cold keeper.

InsOma

New in Town
I'll be straight guys. My shinki jacket was, as far as I'm aware, a one-off made by Ken himself as a pre-production Dustbowl. Shall I open the bidding...? Just kidding, this is a stone-cold keeper.

Are there pics of this "keeper" somewhere? Good job on the review, by the way.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
IMAG0062_zpsf7424aaa.jpg

Hell's bells. I have no idea why it's adding the thumbnail. It's a bit of a rubbish pic. I'll get a decent set done when I'm back in Glasgow - the tartan's really nice, as are the details: triple brown top stitching, tartan-lined cuffs etc. Will need some advice on setting the collar though. It's a 38, I'm usually a 36, but this is obviously a slim style. the shoulders are on the nail, the length's perfect for me and with the new-style straps cinched, its got a great shape - there's enough room to wear a light sweater under it. The cuffs are perhaps a little long at the moment, but I'll be interested to see how the softer horse wrinkles up and if there's any shortening, before getting them adjusted. Ishmael might be able to help with that.

Attachments

• IMAG0062_zpsf7424aaa.jpg
    IMAG0062_zpsf7424aaa.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 2,216
Last edited:
Looks good, crappy pic lol
Those cuffs look dead on to include future tunneling upwards. Would love some good pics of that. A little rain will get it forming to you in no time - or take it in the shower. Wives love that ;)
Congrats!!!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! As you know, we have plenty access to rain around here. Like right now. And yesterday. Aaaand the day before that. etc etc. :D

wdw

One Too Many
Good looking jacket, Sloan. I definitely wouldn't worry about the sleeves. They look a good length to me and will probably ride up a smidgen anyway. The shower would almost certainly shorten them a little more, if you're brave enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo